Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Induction saucepans

Posted by mary mary 
Induction saucepans
August 10, 2020 03:55AM
I have tendinitis in my wrist & finding my scanpan saucepans are now too heavy. Has anyone found light weight saucepans for induction stove tops.
Just another problem in old age I didn’t anticipate
Re: Induction saucepans
August 11, 2020 12:54AM
hi marymary,
I dont own any Scanpan cookware so I cannot make a comparison with those pans - but we have an Induction cooktop (newish & still getting to grips with various lights & buttons haha), & we purchased Circulon Genesis pans to use on our new stove.

They seem lightish to me - as opposed to my cast iron frypan that I need 2 hands to lift/pour out of.
(I too have sore hands with carpal tunnel so appreciate the issue of lifting hot pans with limited strength.)

Our pans too by the way were purchased at Stevens & they had quite a range of cookware able to be used on induction hobs.
Good luck
Re: Induction saucepans
December 22, 2022 11:48AM
I'm sorry to hear about your tendinitis. It can be challenging to find lightweight saucepans that are suitable for use on induction stovetops, but there are a few options you might consider. Here are a few suggestions:

Aluminum saucepans: Aluminum is a lightweight material that is also a good conductor of heat. Just be sure to choose an aluminum saucepan that is specifically designed for use on induction stovetops.

Stainless steel saucepans: Stainless steel is a durable material that is also suitable for use on induction stovetops. Look for a saucepan that has a tri-ply or multi-ply construction, as these pans tend to be lighter in weight than single-ply stainless steel pans.

Ceramic coated saucepans: Ceramic coated saucepans are made from a lightweight material (usually aluminum or stainless steel) that has been coated with a ceramic finish. These pans are non-stick and are suitable for use on induction stovetops.

It's also worth considering the handle design of the saucepan. Some handles are designed to be more comfortable to hold, which may make it easier for you to lift and use the pan. You might want to look for a saucepan with a handle that is contoured or has a non-slip grip to help reduce the strain on your wrist.

I hope these suggestions are helpful! If you continue to experience pain or discomfort when using your saucepans, you may want to consult with a medical professional for further guidance.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.