Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Forum settings

Posted by karena 
Forum settings
February 25, 2022 08:45AM
Why am I suddenly getting posts for a topic in reverse order - ie the oldest first? I can't see anything in 'My profile' settings that I can change...
Re: Forum settings
February 25, 2022 09:09PM
Mine have always been in reverse. New additions are tacked onto the bottom of the thread. Seems locgical to me. Like a book, the chapters start at the beginning and newer chapters follow.
February 25, 2022 10:19PM
No reverse order here and I would find that very counter intuitive.
February 26, 2022 03:42AM
I think I see what you mean Karena. The order of the posts has not changed - the new posts always go to the bottom as Lorna has correctly pointed out.

However, if you click on the topic of the thread eg in this case Forum Settings on the left, it takes you to the first (and oldest) post. If you go to the right and click on 'Last post by ..., it takes you straight to the last (and newest) post. The latter saves you scrolling down through posts that you have already read to get to the newest, and the former provides the option of starting at the beginning if you haven't been following the thread.

Maybe you have simply changed the way you access the thread, without realising it.

Regards,

Barbara Anne

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2022 03:43AM by Barbara Anne.
February 26, 2022 04:19AM
Oh silly me! Of course I'm wrong, but I go so automatically to Last Post that I think of it as coming up first. Apologies for being an idiot.
February 27, 2022 08:54AM
Thanks, Barbara Anne. I'll click on 'last post' from now on if I'm following a thread!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.