Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Crystal Vase

Posted by Jeanette 
Jeanette
Crystal Vase
November 02, 2004 09:22PM
Please, do you know how I can remove cloudy white mark from inside my elderly crystal vase,( inherited from my Mother) without damaging the vase?? I have filled it with white vinegar and soaked for a couple of days, then washed again in soapy waterand used bottle brush, but marks are still there.

Raewyn G
Re: Crystal Vase
November 03, 2004 02:08AM
Crystal can get that clowdy appearance with AGE. I have enquired about that too and sadly there is nothing that can be done. It's not a cloudiness on the surface, but in the crystal itself.
Sorry
Raewynsad smiley
Jeanette
November 03, 2004 04:17AM
Thanks for that Raewyn, I have used many litres of vinegar trying to clean it. I knew that someone visiting this great site would have some information.

Lyn
November 03, 2004 05:23AM
Well I hope I have the answer as I have done this & it works a treat. First never put crystal into the dishwasher that is the cause of some of it. Get a mild solution of bleach (janola) & water spray with it leave a few minutes & wash off with warm soapy water. Do let me know if it works for you.
Jeanette
November 04, 2004 12:25AM
Thanks for that Lyn, I have tried twice this morning, filled the vase with water and added bleach, left for a few minutes, then scrubbed with bottle brush and washed in soapy water, but the problem remains. I will try again tomorrow, with a stronger solution. I never put crystal in the dishwasher.

Lyn ( P. Nth)
November 05, 2004 06:04AM
Did I read/hear somewhere about denture cleaning tablets working on this problem???:-( Anyone know if it would do more harm than good? Have a vase myself that could benefit from something that works!

Lyn ( P Nth)
November 07, 2004 11:05AM
Lyn (P.Nth) not sure about crystal, but the denture tablets work a treat when left to desolve in the toilet bowl.
I use the extra strength, grinning smiley
Regards Carol
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.