Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Toothache

Posted by CR 
CR
Toothache
November 13, 2004 03:59AM
Anyone in Christchurch know of a good emergency dentist?

Just yesterday I was celebrating the fact that I'm feeling good after my operation, my arthritis isn't too murderous, and all the other bits that hurt don't hurt too badly. Silly me! Now I have a very sore and sensitive tooth and I really need to see a dentist. Any advice as to what to do in the meantime, apart from panadol?
Raewyn G
Re: Toothache
November 13, 2004 04:06AM
Your hospital should have an emergency dentist. Or your regular dentist may have a message on their phone as to who is the on call weekend dentist. Other than that have a look in your yellow pages. We have a 7 day a week dentist here in Palmerston North and I hope Christchurch has too.
All the best,
Raewynsad smiley
Jeanette
November 13, 2004 04:43AM
Have you tried brushing with sensodyne toothpaste?? It is available at supermarkets and chemists.

Jan
November 13, 2004 08:12AM
I went thru a period of very painful teeth and the seven day a week dentist here in Palmerston North, who is absolutlely wonderful, gave me a cream that is called tooth mousse and after that I now use Red Seal calci pro and I have no trouble at all..it is wonderful to have a dentist that does not try to put caps and gold teeth in at every chance!!!!! Jan
November 13, 2004 08:25AM
We always keep oil of cloves in for tooth problems .if you havent any a wee bit of ground clothes in a piece of muslin held against the tooth can relieve it until you get help .You can make a mouthwash too with 2/3 drops of oil of cloves in 1/2 cup water . Make sure its pure oil of cloves .Some chemists still stock this .
November 13, 2004 09:27AM
Be careful with oil of cloves.
Yes it workes well for toothache but we spilled some on a new vanity top and it is badly stained.
Where other half spat it out also stained the basin

Woe is me, so be careful with the stuff

Bev M
Still dry Whitianga
November 13, 2004 07:52PM
Not this morning it's not. It's been raining hard since about 2am. I never thought I would be pleased to see the rain, but all my new plants are loving it. I have mixed feelings about it - I have the Dingo booked for today from our local hire centre. Son is (was?) to do a bit more contouring of my section.

Ooops. Sorry. We don't have rain in Whitianga. It's liquid sunshine grinning smiley

Lorna
November 14, 2004 07:44AM
Quite right Lorna.
Hope you came to the Flower Show to purchase your plants.
Fine again in Whitianga this afternoon
Bev M
Whitianga
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.