Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Remember this at Christmas time.....

Posted by Lyn 
Lyn
Remember this at Christmas time.....
December 05, 2004 11:00AM
Found this lying on a table at work the other day, with no indication of it's source so, with sincere apologies to anyone who may own the copyright.....

According to the Alaska Dept of Fish and Game, while both male and female reindeer grow antlers in the summer each year, male reindeer drop their antlers at the beginning of winter, usually late November - early December. Female reindeer retain their antlers until after they give birth in the spring.
Therefore, according to every historical rendition depicting Santa's reindeer, EVERY single one of them, from Rudolf to Blitzen, had to be female.
We should have known......... ONLY women would be able to drag a fat-a..e man in a red velvet suit all round the world in one night and not get lost! :}:}:} Lyn.

Raewyn G
Re: Remember this at Christmas time.....
December 05, 2004 06:37PM
Glad I'm not a male reindeer, standing in snow up to my ..........., waiting for the Red suited Gentleman to return my partner...........worn out!!!!!
Thanks for that Lyn, good to smile, during this stressful month.:}:}:}
Regards,
Raewyn G
that did make me laugh!
jen
December 06, 2004 08:53AM
Of course that makes sense, isn't Christmas a female thing anyway, I mean the festivities, arranging everything (if your husband takes it upon himself to send out the Christmas cards, I'd like to meet him!), buying the gifts, organizing the food etc?
Hahahahahahahaaaaaa......loved it!:}:}:}
HEEEEE HEEEEE ! Always great to have a laugh!!! Thanks. [ All true of course ] !
Jennifer
December 08, 2004 09:53AM
All those females obeying the man again....

What I'd like to know is when are all the females of the world going to unite, turn to their menfolk and say "Right, that's it, no more war"?
Kay
December 12, 2004 12:39AM
Hi,
Just had an e-mail with this information from my sister, with a reindeer sparkling like a christmas tree.
Kay
Lyn ( P. Nth)
December 12, 2004 04:26AM
Lyn ( P. Nth)
December 12, 2004 04:30AM
Oopps,.......I forgot to mention, there is a red nose on this particular animal but maybe it is an inherent trait with reindeer. Cant blame them in the cold weather, but that looks soooooooooooo like a girl reindeer with a red nose huh??

grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

Lyn (P. Nth)

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.