Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Sydney

Posted by Ang 
Ang
Sydney
December 10, 2004 09:51PM
We are off to Sydney for 8 days to watch Ethan competing at the Trans Tasman Champs for athletics (10 - 11yrs) in Jan 05. E is staying with the team and is totally looked after (a very full itinerary). We are staying at my cousins' place in Parramatta (which is central to Es' 3 competing venues including Homebush Stadium).

Just wondering what foodie places (takeaway and sit down) can be recommended. We are on a budget so nothing too over-the-top price wise smiling smiley
Re: Sydney
December 12, 2004 08:38AM
Hi Ang

If you look at [www.eatability.com.au] there are 52 restaurants/cafes listed. None of which I can personally recommend as Parramatta is the other side of Sydney to me.

Regards
Sharon
Ang
December 13, 2004 05:02AM
Hi Sharon,

thanks ever-so for the excellent site smiling smiley At least I have time to do a bit of study before we fly out smiling smiley
Lynette - PNG
December 14, 2004 01:45AM
Hi Ang. If you get into central Sydney, Sharon and I met for lunch last week at Yellow (a very casual little eatery in Potts Point) and I had the best crab salad ever! And as Helen recommended, the date tart was to die for!!

I also had a great meal at the Mosaic restaurant in the Westin on Martin Place. Gorgeous location and the food was superb.
December 14, 2004 03:42AM
Lynette please you tried Yellow - it really is so understated yet the food is just lovely!
Ang
December 14, 2004 04:36AM
Thanks Lynette,

just checked 'Yellow' out on the website Sharon posted. I see they are a bistro & food store (could be dangerous). Where is Potts Point please? smiling smiley
December 14, 2004 05:07AM
Potts Point is just off Kings Cross towards the city. Yellow is in Macleay St and it is quite a lovely walk from the city. You can walk around past the Opera house and then to Woolloomoolloo and then up the steps to Potts Point.
You would walk up an appetite!
Lynette - PNG
December 14, 2004 07:41AM
I forgot to mention that it got a good write up in this month Gourmet Traveller - it got mentioned twice in different sections of the magazine.

The food store was small but with good stock - my unique purchase was a packet of Murray River Salt Flakes - they're pink!! They'll be a talking point at my next dinner party!winking smiley

But if you want to visit a gourmet food outlet, you just can't beat David Jones' Food Hall. I've been there before and still had to pick my chin up off the floor!:/
December 14, 2004 11:13AM
There are eateries on Darling Harbour.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.