Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

La Cucina Italiana

Posted by lynley 
La Cucina Italiana
December 15, 2004 01:06AM
I subscribe to this magazine and have just retrieved from the letterbox (and lucky I did - it's drizzling and the magazine is sent all the way from New York New York in a paper envelope - what faith!)

the desserts in this magazine (the xmas holiday issue) are draped in angelic delicacy - they are feather lite morsels of sugar and spice - I can't even beging to describe the impression these confections had on me at first sight......I think if they were accompanied by a scratch and sniff I would have fainted away...

"Meringue was first created in the 1700's by a Swiss pastry cook in the German town of Meiringen"
Bev
Re: La Cucina Italiana
December 15, 2004 03:29AM
Lyn I also subscribe to this magazine, I love it and spend many a hour reading it. :}:}
Bev
December 15, 2004 03:50AM
Lynley do you also get Italian Cooking & Living magazine? The October- November issue has some lovely Parmesan Puffs which are delicious.:}
December 15, 2004 04:02AM
No Bev - I restrict myself to one overseas publication! (not counting National Geographic which is a gift)

swap you a Parmesan Puff recipe for a dessert.....(lucky dip)
Bev
December 17, 2004 01:03AM
Lynley, my copy of La Cucina Italiana has still not arrived.... after reading your post I have rushed out to the letter box each day to see if my copy is here as my mouth is watering over you description of the desserts.
Maybe tomorrow!!grinning smiley
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.