Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Longest Day

Posted by Lorna 
Longest Day
December 22, 2004 09:12PM
Well, here we are, past the longest day and still wearing sweaters, track pants, and on some days I've even resorted to putting my thermal underwear back on - and all this on the 'sunny' Coromandel Peninsula! I think I'd better re-think barbequeing that turkey for Christmas. ?:-(
Not long till winter now, folks.

Lorna
Re: Longest Day
December 22, 2004 11:24PM
Shame on you Lorna mentioning the "W" word when we havn't seen the sun for ages here in Dunedin!!!
We saw on the news last night that sea temps are down 4 to 5 degrees for the time or year and that greatly effects air temps.
That means the south island wont see summer temps for at least a month and then not the usual warmth for late Jan early Feb.
We are going camping on Xmas day for a week in central where at this time of year its usually 28 degrees (average) at the mo its about 14.
We just went out and bought winter weight sleeping bags and thermals for the younger kids.
But we are playing the Glad Game.
We are all healthy and happy and together for a holiday.
Merry Christmas
Alaine

Kay
December 23, 2004 02:23AM
Hi Alaine,
don't worry just think of us in Auckland where we also have had unseasonal weather as well. hail that looked like snow when it had finished at least you are used to snow in the winter.
What have we done to deserve this weather for christmas and Aussies getting all the sun
grrrrrrr..................................??????????
Do we blame the government??????????????????
I will think of you campingand it is raining.

Hang on a minute the Scouts are having their jamboree in Feilding and it always rains for that. One jamboree some of the sites were flooded before we got there and will still flooded when we left. The next jamboree was the sane and we bought out Warehouse of all their gumboots both times. I have advised all those that I have come in contact with to take their winter woolies and gumboots, with tongue in cheek of course, but now I am wondering.

Kay
Raewyn G
December 23, 2004 06:54AM
Now come on Kay. The Mighty Manawatu and Friendly Feilding might surprise you.............................................and ME!!!!
Ye of little faith!!!!
hehehehehe
Regards,
Raewyn G
December 23, 2004 09:50PM
Ooohhhh Dear.................Rain again!!!!!!!!!!!

Play the glad Game.

I am so Glad we are in a warm dry home,
Our kids will have presents under the tree,
There will be plenty to eat and drink,
Everyone in our family is still here that were here last Christmas,
We are all happy and healthy,

There are some families in the world that are not so fortunate and would be glad of some rain too!!!!

Merry Christmas everyone, whatever the weather, enjoy your day.

Alaine

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.