love is in the air
December 24, 2004 03:56AM
(6am) SImon & I took Ruby (the Jack Russell) for a walk up One Tree Hill, after a stiff climb (we always go cross country) the clouds parted, there was a shaft of light from above, the Tuis sang, and Simon got down on his knee and proposed to me! - we have been a couple for nigh on ten years - it was so wonderful, one of those moments you treasure for ever, of course I said yes and he presented me with a beautiful diamond ring.....a lucky girl - he's such a sweet man and we are still so in love...
Lyn
Re: love is in the air
December 24, 2004 04:07AM
How wonderful for you both & how romantic was that. When will the big day be? All the very best & Happy Christmas. Do you need a sling for the ring finger???? You lucky girl or is that woman?
Bev
December 24, 2004 04:31AM
Lynley, how wonderful. Congratulations to you both. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Yeargrinning smiley
December 24, 2004 04:40AM
Well, this is one Christmas you will always remember.... Congratulations and very best wishes for the future. We got officially engaged at Christmas, (27 yrs ago), and it was wonderful news to add to the family festivities.
Have a happy Christmas.
Kaye
December 24, 2004 05:20AM
Congratulations Lynley!!! That's wonderful news!grinning smiley

And you're definitely spot on in singing love is in the air ... I've a sneaky suspicion that someone else on foodlovers has got her head up in the clouds because of a similar announcement that is about to be made ......:/
December 24, 2004 05:23AM
Congratulations Lynley - how romantic. Best wishes for the bestest Christmas yet!

Kind Regards

Judesmiling smiley
December 24, 2004 05:39AM
How wonderful. Your news has just brightened up my gloomy day.

Congratulations to you bothsmiling smiley

Bev
December 24, 2004 06:12AM
Lynette, do tell??:}
Cath
December 24, 2004 09:01AM
Congrats Lynley!!!!!!

And well done to Simon for making it so special for you!!!

Enjoy this time and happy christmas grinning smiley
December 24, 2004 11:20AM
Does this mean 2 pressies every christmas. Congratulations.
December 24, 2004 07:52PM
Congratulation Lynley, & Simon too. Doubly lucky because you had the sun shining at the crucial moment. Long Live Love.

Lorna
Lyn
December 25, 2004 11:23PM
How wonderful - congratulations Lynley. All the best to you both,
Lyn
December 26, 2004 08:49PM
Congratulations!!! grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

Must be something in the air, as my brother popped the question to his girlfirend, who is now his fiance.

When are you planning on getting married?

Linda.
December 27, 2004 02:21AM
Congrats........Thats so most romantic.
December 27, 2004 03:27AM
Oh thats sweet.

God bless you at this time, Congradulations.

Best wishes for the future.

beetle
Roz
December 27, 2004 05:22AM
I wish you well, congratulations and celebrations to you both....

All the best
Roz
December 28, 2004 07:48AM
Yippeee
Jeanette
December 28, 2004 10:20AM
Lynley,
What wonderful news.
Congratulations and very best wishes to you and Simon .
Jeanettesmiling smiley

December 28, 2004 11:29PM
hehehehe Lynette. I have not been on Foodlovers all weekend (obviously back at work today, so having a read).
Well I am the other one - was woken at 6:30am on Xmas Day by music - George knows my favourite song is Unchained Melody by Righteous Brothers - so unbeknownst to me, he was up at 4:30am searching for the CD and to have it set for the right spot.
He then stayed awake until 6:30am to let me sleep - my snoring was enough to make him let me sleep - then I was woken by the song, and bolted upright and there was George by the bed on one knee, crying and with my ring to give to me. We were that overcome with emotion, neither of us could talk!!
We had selected the ring together at the beginning of December, but since then it has been wrapped and under the tree, and I did not peak once!!
I am sooooo happy, and I know I am with the one I want to grow old with, laugh with, cry with and love for the rest of my years. Ooops typing this is making me teary eyed again smiling smiley
December 28, 2004 11:54PM
OH WOW,

Congratualtions to you Lynley and Irene.

All the best in your future with your special men.

I know I founf the right guy too.
He proposed on Guy Fawkes one year to the day we met and we were married one year to the day after that....

its such an amazing feeling to be in love.

Zeetra
December 29, 2004 05:20AM
It's been 40 years for Ian & I and it is still wonderful wouldn't want any other man. All the best to you both.
Lyn ( P. Nth)
December 29, 2004 09:03AM

Congratulations Lynley!!

Lyn (P.Nth)
Lyn ( P. Nth)
December 29, 2004 09:08AM

Oooops!! And congrats to you also Irene! Gee, just WHAT is in the air apart from Privet??? lol:}

Watch the wee love story emoticon, its cute.

Lyn ( P. Nth)
December 29, 2004 09:39PM
Thanks for the best wishes. I think the nicest feeling, is that I thought 'Love' as such was just something in novels/movies. And then to find it really does exist, is just wow. After my separation, I was quite happy to be on my own for the rest of my days and blow me down - the opposite has happened. And then to read your comment Lyn V, about feeling the same after 40 years, that is moving and wonderful.
Here's to life, love, family and friends smiling smiley
Raewyn G
December 30, 2004 01:14PM
Congratulations Lynley and Irene.
May you and your respective partners, be as happy as you are now............always!!!!!
Elaine E
December 30, 2004 04:04PM
Have just caught up with this thread and want to offer my congrats to you all as well; what a lovely Christmas you must have had! I think a cupid's in order here....

December 30, 2004 08:34PM
Thank you everybody and Irene - that's so wonderful! I know exactly how you feel - it's amazing how you can be together for so long and then a whole new facet of love is exposed - I felt so tender towards Simon - and he said he felt really protective of me - a bit corny but there you have it.

We haven't set a date or anything - we are going to try and get the girls (and us) over to France this year (or next - depending on our saving skills) so perhaps an elopement is in order??!! Don't know, I wouldn't mind a big do either - maybe someone here wants to volunteer to do the catering?? so far we can't even decide on a surname!!!

Simon is a bit of an IT guy so perhaps we could stream the wedding online and then all my foodlover friends could be at the wedding as well!

- Daisy said - "YES! (elbow bent, fist pulled down) now I don't have to be the youngest! errrr well no sweetie - your mum and dad do things differently - baby first then marriage.....anyway thank you for all your kind thoughts, I hope we manage to get 40 more years in together!!
Bev
December 30, 2004 08:39PM
Lynley, Ross and I "eloped" and it was great. It was very exciting planning a secret wedding. Knowone even guessed and we took family and friends by surprise... a very pleasant surprise I must add. I still remember back and smile when I think of it.grinning smiley
December 31, 2004 03:21AM
What a lovely thread - this gives me a warm fuzzy!winking smiley
December 31, 2004 08:48AM
My most heartiest congratulations to both Lynley and Irene. I wish you both long happy marriages... and perhaps, just perhaps.... we might all see a wedding photo
:}

Regards
Sharon
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.