Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

mozzie bites

Posted by Nellie 
Nellie
mozzie bites
December 31, 2004 03:25AM
Does anyone have an instant remedy please, for mozzie bites. I have been bitten and its driving me mad especially in bed at night. I have rubbed it raw and it is now weeping but it is still also itching.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Nellie.
Re: mozzie bites
December 31, 2004 03:46AM
The juice of an aloe vera plant, squeezed onto the bites, it soothes and heals!!! this time last year I was at Lynette's in PNG and bitten alive, and the aloe certainly helped grinning smiley
December 31, 2004 03:49AM

Nellie, I would try some Aloe Vera gel. If you happen to have a plant, and can use the gel straight from the leaf it is best, but otherwise a fairly pure aloe vera extract gel. It is fantastic for burns, and cools the skin immediately. I have also used it on children for bites, but before they have reached the weeping stage.
Hope it helps.
Heather

December 31, 2004 04:08AM
I agree, aloe vera is great - I've also used teatree oil and that works also.
Nellie
December 31, 2004 04:22AM
Thankyou, never thought of that, and I have one growing too. Will go and squeeze some on now. cheers
Nellie
December 31, 2004 05:20AM
Wouldn't be without an Alo plant for all kinds of things. Sunburn, itches, scratches.....when my kids were little I used it all the time.
Raewyn G
December 31, 2004 06:39AM
The mozzies love me...............
I use a product called "SOOV" available at the chemist. It is wonderful stuff, and seems to stay on the itchy, unlike other things that only relieve for a short time.
I got nibbled on on Xmas night buy something..........and out with the soov and .........sweet as!!!!
Jennifer
December 31, 2004 10:13AM
Anthisan cream from the chemist. You will not be disappointed.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.