Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

instant messaging

Posted by Andrew 
instant messaging
January 02, 2005 08:51AM
Hi All. I have accounts with Aol, MSN and Skype instant messaging. If anyone wishes to add me, or have me add them, please by all means drop me a line. Not sure if my entire email address can be seen here, so shall put it at the bottom.
Regards
Andrew
aniven@paradise.net.nz

Nellie
Re: instant messaging
January 03, 2005 01:15AM
Why?
January 03, 2005 02:41AM
Nellie - people do it for fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quite nice chatting to others online if you feel in the mood!

Cheers, WIlm
January 03, 2005 03:03AM
Hi Melly and Wilm. Yes, that was the only reason. I enjoy the instant messaging a yacking to people on it. Also, if your computer's set up with a mike, you can have voice chats too.
Regards
Andrew
Nellie
January 03, 2005 03:18AM

I would have thought there are plenty of other sites other than Foodlovers for your 'yacking'. Do you actually contribute anything to this forum or are you just here to 'pick up someone?' ........ and by the way, the name is 'Nellie'
Hilary
January 03, 2005 03:49AM
Nellie, Andrew has previously mentioned on this forum that he is blind and uses voice software which reads the words on his computer screen for him. The voice software has probably not pronounced your name clearly enough for him to understand it correctly.

I also thought that Foodlovers Non-Foodie Chat forum was set up precisely so we can "yack".
January 03, 2005 05:10AM
Hello Nellie. Sorry I got your name wrong. And no, I didn't post that message with any intension whatsoever of "picking someone up". I t was simply put up to see if people were interested in chatting as one does on the phone. There was no offence or inunendo intended, and, I hope, none taken. Had I known it was going to offend anyone, I'd probably never have put the first posting on this topic.
Regards
Andrew
Nellie
January 03, 2005 05:51AM
My apologies. It is just that two people close to me have got caught up in chat room affairs and I am very cautious of people that 'lurk' I am very sorry if I have offended you Andrew and anyone else.
Cheers,
Nellie
January 03, 2005 05:57AM
Hi Nellie.
No worries, can quite understand you would be wary of such things. Just to emphasize, I'm definitely not looking for an affair, but just wondering if people wished to chat with me on line. As I say, no offence was intended, and none taken.
Regards
Andrew
Raewyn G
January 03, 2005 07:39AM
I have just finished a great on line chat with Andrew. What an interesting fellow. This form of communication is no different to emailing someone, except this is immediate.
Nellie, I am confident that Andrew is not lurking, just someone who is interested in other people and I am sure a huge range of topics including food.
I am prepared to give Andrew a little of my time, especially when I ended up some weeks ago with egg on my face over the tray under the cake tin.
I am hoping that this year I will be kinder to people and I feel I am off to a good start. And who knows may have made a new friend!
Cheers,
Raewyn G
January 03, 2005 09:13AM
Hi Raewyn.
Yes, I enjoyed our chat too. May there be many more of them.
Regards
Andrew
January 03, 2005 11:20AM
Hi Andrew,

Would love to add you to my MSN list - we are just changing our e-mail address and will add you to MSN once that is done in the next day or so!

Hope to chat to you sometime!

Cheers, Wilm
January 03, 2005 11:31AM
Hi Wilm.
Sounds good. Just drop me a line when you've changed email addresses, and I'll write you back with my MSN address, as it's not the same as my regular email one.
Regards
Andrew
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.