Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Is summer finally here??

Posted by Linda 
Is summer finally here??
January 10, 2005 09:30PM
Here in Auckland, for the second day in a row, its sunny and the forecast for the next few days, is shock horror, more sunshine. smiling smiley

Hope this means our summer has finally arrived. Great to be able to have the kids burn off some of their energy, by being outside riding bikes, playing etc.

Hubby wants to dust off the bbq this weekend. Thats if he hasn't forgotten how to use it, since its been so long. :}

Linda.
Re: Is summer finally here??
January 10, 2005 10:54PM
Hi there,

Yes well, the sun is out but its really windy here.

I am baby sitting for 3 days so at least want half of that being nice...

It would be ok if the wind wasnt so cold...

Bring on summer!!!

Who ever has it, can we please have it back...

Zeetra
January 10, 2005 11:08PM
it's absolutely glorious here in Hamilton.... and I am stuck inside at work, looking out, and wishing and hoping I was out there!!!!!!
Please, please, please let it continue through to the weekend and beyond
January 10, 2005 11:24PM
Glorious here in the Eastern Bay of Plenty, also..... almost frightened to think Summer is finally here in case it disappears. Kind of nice though to see some sun and blue skies for a change - maybe we can finally get some hay made.
Kaye8)
Bev
January 10, 2005 11:46PM
Cloudy in ChCh, as usual although the sun pokes it head out every now and then. Looking in the paper though by the end of the week we should be getting some nice weather, fingers and toes crossed:}
January 11, 2005 12:08AM
divine in Auckland today. can't wait to go sit outside at lunch time and read my book in the sun!
January 11, 2005 01:25AM
Keep it coming! We arrive in Auckland this Friday and are heading up to the Coromandel Peninsular for a week so if the chap upstairs mucks up our plans, I'll be very cross!!!
January 11, 2005 02:13AM
This side of the Bombay hills is glorious. I live near to the notorious stretch of the highway where accidents occur. So anyone comming onto highway 2 please take care. Slow down !!!! . It is very sad to know that another family lost their lives.
jen
January 11, 2005 02:35AM
It's like an Autumn day here, quite warm but a cool start to the morning. Still some snow on the mountains, and my Holly tree has squillions of little green berries on it. I understand that many berries are an indication of a severe winter??? The berries are no where near turning red yet, so don't panic...we rarely see the red berries as the birds nick them as soon as they are ripe!

Have enjoyed watching the Gordon Ramsey programme that has been replacing the tennis, around 5.30pm. Did scrambled eggs with wild mushrooms...is there an equivilant NZ wild mushrooms, if so, please elaborate. The anticipation of autumn has me thinking of mushrooms.
Thanx
jen
January 11, 2005 05:11AM
Stunning in Titirangi too - but here I am stuck with some sort of 'lurgy' - started by losing my voice last Friday and having a terrible sore throat - voice is back in a croaky sort of fashion but now have streaming eyes and runny nose and feeling distictly 'mizzy' - hope the summer lasts long enough for me to enjoy it sometime soon sad smiley grinning smiley

January 11, 2005 08:55AM
Finally a fine day today in the Manawatu, hope it lasts long enough for my daughter and husband who are coming home next weekend from the UK for a family wedding and some warmer weather and daylight
January 11, 2005 09:57PM
For those of you coming to the Coromandel Peninsula, I too hope the weather stays warm and sunny for you. It's been glorious here. The last couple of weeks haven't been too bad, one or two days sunshine, one or two days rain, but aren't the gardens looking lovely?

Lorna
Sunny Whitianga
January 11, 2005 10:25PM
Please send some to Timaru:}:-o
Kind Regards
lisa
January 11, 2005 10:28PM
fingers crossed Lorna - we are joining Lynette and her family up at Waikawau Bay, but just for the weekend. Am praying it stays fine for whilst we are there, and then the following week for them.
Megan
January 12, 2005 01:36AM
Nice here in Taranaki today, has a slight breeze but we can handle that.

We have a nice walkway along the foreshore and its really nice to get out and walk along there on days like this.
Bunny
January 12, 2005 04:57AM

Great weather here in the Manawatu

January 13, 2005 12:15AM
We had a glorious day yesterday. Well it was up until about 3 oclock then it just hosed down. It is a good day today so far.
January 13, 2005 02:26AM
It has been so beautiful here in the South Waikato..

Lovely sun, for how long, who knows but my washing sure appreciates it.

Zeetra
January 13, 2005 10:05AM
Still nice & I have my daughters 40th brunch this Sat. & it is still supposed to be good, great. I'm on the North Shore, Ak. I just love these days, I have also had grandchildren & so just perfect. I did feel sorry for Mums with the awful wet days trying to keep them amused.
January 14, 2005 12:09AM
Definately recommend Ashburton this weekend. 27 already at 11am and it's going to get hotter. I have all the windows and doors open but no sign of breeze. grinning smiley
January 14, 2005 12:49AM
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!:}
kind Regards
lisa
January 14, 2005 01:29AM
I agree with Alyoop - Ashburton is the place to be this weekend. Windows and doors wide open, still hot.

Hubby is bowling - rather him than me in this heat!
January 14, 2005 02:44AM
ATS building said 32 degrees when hubby came home for lunch. They are predicting 30 degrees for tomorrow on their website.

Margaret - if you ever see a burgundy station wagon around town with the numberplate ALYOOP - no it isn't deja vous - that is me!! winking smiley

Ali
Nellie
January 14, 2005 02:52AM
today is the day Lisa!!!!!!:}:}:}
January 14, 2005 03:07AM
How gorgeous Ali - your numberplate and your sign on thingee here being the same. Obviously a nickname you have had for a while???
January 14, 2005 10:32PM
Ali - we were right - it was HOT here in Ashburton yesterday. Feels as though there could be more of the same today.

Shall keep an eye open for your car, and say Hi if I see you.

Margaret
January 15, 2005 03:54AM
Wec have just spent a few hours at the domain with my sister and her famil who were visiting from Auckland. On the way home, the ABS building said 34 degrees!!

Margaret, feel free to say hi if you see us out and about. Where about in Ashburton are you? We are in Hampstead.

Ali
January 15, 2005 04:44AM
Yes Ali, I was in town this morning and it was 33 deg at 11 a.m. Don't know what it is now, but I know that summer has arrived.

I am in Allenton - give me an email sometime at dampthorpe@clear.net.nz

Margaret
January 15, 2005 05:19AM
Hi Ladies. 33.6 degrees inside, hotter outside!

Rachel (also in Ashburton)
January 15, 2005 05:21AM
Oh - For Alyoop & Margaret I'm out at Wakanui. Rachel.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.