Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Vietnam

Posted by Diana 
Vietnam
January 26, 2005 03:21AM
My husband and I are thinking of goig to Vietnam for about 2 weeks in June.We don't want to take an organized tour - just travel around by ourselves.
Has anyone else travelled there recently and would be willing to give us some pointers eg. where to go and where not to go?
We would like to start in Saigon and finish in Hanoi.
Look forward to hearing from you. Diana
Re: Vietnam
January 26, 2005 03:42AM
My boss returned from there just four days ago.......will ask him for some hot tips for you....may take a few days though....smiling smiley
January 26, 2005 03:45AM
What an interesting place to visit.

A cousin of mine went about 5 years ago and still raves about it..

Have fun.

Zeetra
January 26, 2005 05:53AM
I haven't been recently but from what I hear the places that I thought beautiful are still the same. I spent 6 weeks there about 7 years ago.
I will dig out the book on our trip and remind myself although off the top of my head I would definitey schedule in Hue and Hoi An and also the Mekong Delta.
January 26, 2005 10:05PM
Diane, the other suggestion I can make - is that even though you are not interested in a tour, go into a travel agency and grab a brochure. Then look at the tours they do, and you know then which the places of interest are. I would suggest either an Adventure World / Explore / Intrepid as good starting points for brochures
regards, Irene
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.