Allen Carr-smoking books
January 26, 2005 03:23AM
Would love to hear if anyone had sucess with quitting smoking after reading Allen Carr's book Easy Way To Stop Smoking?

Thanks
Debs

Re: Allen Carr-smoking books
January 26, 2005 03:50AM
Hi Debs,

I stopped for about 3 weeks after I read the book - then I did what was strictly 'verboten' - thought I could just have one or two at night (missing a ciggie with the glass of wine) - NOT a good look - the consumption crept up again.

Glad you reminded me - I loaned the book to someone so must get it back in a concerted effort to try again.

There are seminars held in Auckland by those trained in Allen Carr's methods - have idly thought of going to one but not motivated sufficiently again - yet :-o

Do give it a try - his books are all plain common sense and what I like is that he doesn't thrust frightening horrors of the consequences on you - most smokers know what they are anyway!!

Good luck!!

Nellie
Re: Allen Carr-smoking books
January 26, 2005 03:55AM
Hi Debs, yes I read the book and agreed with everything he said but it still didn't stop me. Helen Clarke did!!!!!!!! I wasn't going to have any politician telling where I can and can't smoke so I gave up. Well to be quite honest, I had an impending operation as well, so rather than getting a lecture from the medical staff, thought the best thing to do would be to quit.My two sisters-in-law both had a bet with me too, that I couldn't give up.
So with all these incentives I found it quite easy, yeah, right. No, its not easy, as anyone will tell you. I am 5mths down the track now and I am 'clean' all but "drinkies night" when I have one long puff from my friend's ciggie, and thats my fix for the week. (I miss all my friends being outside).
I had some bad news at Christmas and it was then that I could have quite easily gone a bought a pack. (Ihad had a large whisky instead!!!)

Good luck to you if you are trying. It dosen't happen the first time or the second or the ....... but, it will happen.
Cheers
Nellie
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.