Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Dealing with Parallel Imported NZ Ltd

Posted by Jenni 
Dealing with Parallel Imported NZ Ltd
February 01, 2005 03:03AM
Hello All, just wondering if anyone has any information about the how reputable this organisation is. They seem to offer some very good deals eg a Canon digital camera is $549 yet up the street it is $899. Of course, with something of this nature, the service angle is really important. If any of you know anything about the company, I would be really pleased to know. Thanks, Jenni.
I bought a Canon digital camera off them 2 years ago and all has been fine with it. I also bought a digital video off them recently.
We haven't had to get anything repaired to check out the service although they assured me that if there was a problem it would be sent to Canon in Albany for repairs and then if they couldn't fix it then it would be sent off shore. This is the same if you buy Canon from anyone else.

Their prices are very competitive.
Do they have a web site?
Thanksgrinning smiley
Jennifer
Re: Dealing with Parallel Imported NZ Ltd
February 01, 2005 07:27AM
This is also an excellent New Zealand site for comparing prices of cameras, computer parts, laptops, printers, phones, etc. There is a search option as well - if you want to type in Canon for instance. The website is kept very up-to-date. Here's the link - I have set it for the camera page:

[www.pricespy.co.nz]
Oh..................................

I bought a digital camera off them.

Fuji , went fine for 6 weeks, switch became faulty, wouldnt turn on.

rang them, they said send it back, they checked it, found what was wrong, they dont fix them, so they would send it away to be fixed 2 weks they said,
so it had to go back to the place it was made, and because its a import that meant singapore i think.......11 weeks pass, i was on the phone weekly, faxed and grumble, and wanted refund back,

they took so long, they couldnt tell me what was wrong, why, and where it was at all, in the country or out? or in a container ship somewhere????

they couldnt gaurantee it was anywhere, and then when they said they had couriered it to me, and gave me a number to track it, the courier had no idea what i was talking about, and it turned up 3 days later with diff courier company.

thats the short version.

Love my camera, will not be buying any product off them again, the muck round i got over the phone was terrible, and the back up warranty wasnt in my mind acceptable. i still have my camera, but if i had the money i would have bought it local. or replace it soon.
thats not possible, and i always worry its going to die and i wont be sending it back ill just chuck away and replace.

I do not have good vibes about this place any more, and my hubby also is not happy with them, he has had dealings with them over this as well, since he bought it for me for a birthday pres, he felt let down. he also felt he let me down by buying a shoddy imported item. and using a not so good company,

money is not everything it seems when you think youre getting a deal.
we got burnt all to save $300 on the same camera here.

but hey go with what you want to.

grumble over.

beetle
sad smiley
I had a friend who bought a Canon digital camera the same as mine but from a regular retailer - hers broke and took 3 months to be returned as it was sent off shore to be repaired.
I wonder if lengthy waits for repairs are just what happens if the product is returned to the factory.
Not that I think that is acceptable.
I have just bought one from Etop, which is obviously a similar company in Auckland. Hopefully I'll get the camera tomorrow, so will be able to offer further comment. I found their reluctance to accept credit card (I was reluctant to pay any other way) a bit of a hassle, but fingers crossed everything will be okay. I decided saving $300 was worth trying, as it paid for a card reader and 3 x 512 memory cards. The speed digital cameras are changing, I decided it would be a good idea to spend as little as possible, figuring I might choose to replace it further down the line. Janet
My sister bought a phone off them before christmas and it broke a week later so she took it back and they sent it away to get fixed. They said they would ring her when the phone came back, two weeks age they still hadn't rung so we went in their to ask for her money back as she had been without a phone for weeks and was not happy with the service. They said they would not give her money back even though she had proof of purchase because they did not have they phone as it was still away getting fixed. They said that they would ring her when it came back and that was as i say two weeks ago and they still havn't rung! So she is not very happy with the service at all.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.