Posted by Jennifer 
Re: plunket singlet knitting pattern
July 18, 2012 11:47PM
hi let me know your e.mail or address and I will send it to you .. Cheers
Diane
January 03, 2013 04:28AM
Hello Diane

I would love a copy of the pattern for the Plunket Singlet also, I now live in the US and would love to introduce some moms to the same singlet I used on my own children - sadly I lost the pattern.

Thanks so much.
January 06, 2013 02:34AM
Hi Diane

I would love a copy of the plunket singlet also, I do knitting for the Neo Nat Unit and I am sure they would be handy for them. My daughters used the singlets over a stretch n' grow as a vest when there babies were tiny they were lovely and cosy. Thanks so much.
April 25, 2013 01:37PM
would love to get my hands on a copy of the pattern please I now have a grandchild and would love to be able to knit her a couple for the up coming winter
April 27, 2013 06:43AM
Singlet

One and half balls of 3ply baby wool.
No.7 needles.
Cast on 55 sts and (every row the same)knit 2 purl 2 to end of each row and then knit 1.
This makes broken rib pattern which forms the body of the singlet. (The yoke is in garter stitch)
Repeat this row for 7-8 inches always having an odd knit 1 at the end of each row.
Now knit one row in plain garter stitch and cast on 6 stitches at the end of that row.
Knit back across these stitches, and cast on another six stitches at the other end.
This forms the sleeves. Knit six more rows.

To Shape the neck.
Knit 32 stitches, knit 2 together, turn back and Knit to the end. Decrease 1 (by knitting last 2 stitches together)each time at the end of the row on neck edge until 24 sts.are left.
Knit on these 24 sts until there are 17ribs of garter stitch at sleeve end. Leave sts.on spare needle and knit other shoulder the same.
Now knit forward towards neck,cast on 19sts.and knit the sts.from other shoulder.
Knit on these 67 sts for 11 more ribs (this finishes the yoke and sleeve)
Cast off six sts.knit across back and cast off six more sts.
On remaining 55 sts.continue knit 2 purl 2 p
(plus one odd k one)rib until back is same length (7-8 inches)
Cast off and sew up sides and under arms.
Crocket a row of holes for ribbon around the neck and finish armholes with shell edging.

April 27, 2013 06:45AM
Seems like there is still interest in this pattern. Once again I have not looked at this site for ages so decided maybe it is time to post the pattern for future knitters.
I'm due to start clicking away for a friends baby. Happy knitting
April 27, 2013 12:30PM
thank you very much
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.