Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Plant nurseries in Hamilton area???

Posted by Su 
Su
Plant nurseries in Hamilton area???
June 08, 2006 02:18AM
I will be in Hamilton next week and wonder if there are any interesting plant nurseries that I could visit. I am particularly interested in buying some unusual perennials. for my new garden
Re: Plant nurseries in Hamilton area???
June 08, 2006 03:06AM
Hamilton - I think that's where I was quite impressed by the gardening section of the central city Mitre 10 shop.
June 09, 2006 04:08AM
Palmers in Frankton have a good garden centre, Oderings is in St James area but pretty well run down now. The only other decent one is in Alison St - Mitre 10 in Grey St Hamilton East have a small garden centre. With the growth in Hamilton now it seems that dare I say it the Warehouse and Bunnings have taken over - The Garden centres that we used to have seem to be a thing of the past. There is a small one out near the airport - which has some good plants in it - other than that we tend to go to Cambridge - On the main road is Keats Nursery - and there is a small one on the outskirts of Cambridge off the road to Sanitorium Hill - Amber Nurseries. I tend to go there and buy any plants I want as they have a good stock of clean plants and you can buy in bulk a lot cheaper than the ones in Hamilton. - Plus its a nice drive out there.

If you want any more information please fee free to PM me

Cheers

Helen.
June 10, 2006 12:41AM
Helen, I think the one in Taylor Road is still there, among the houses of Flagstaff, isn't it? Out Gordonton way if I remember rightly. I used to love that garden centre. And what about Tandarra, is that still open? That's on the highway somewhere out that way, not sure exactly where.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2006 12:43AM by Lorna.
June 16, 2006 12:48AM
Tandarra is purely a wholesale nursery now - not open to the public. The one you are thinking of Lorna, is Oderings - it is now being developed as sections for new housing

Helen bell.
June 16, 2006 10:04PM
Thanks for that Helen. I'll have to stick to Amber Nurseries when visiting my daughter in Cambridge. She lives just across the road in Thornton Road.
June 16, 2006 10:27PM
Roaches (sp???) are up Newells Road - just as you are leaving Hamilton for Cambridge, although I haven't been to them for years, but they used to be really good
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.