Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Is Pork the new Chicken?

Posted by Irene Field 
Is Pork the new Chicken?
June 03, 2013 04:54AM
I am totally Porked out!!

Thursday evening - I used Pork Mince to stuff Capsicums for that evening's dinner.

Friday evening - invited to Romanian friend's home for dinner. She makes the most amazing Bacon Hock Bean Soup - which is a meal in itself. Because you need to make a large amount, they only have it when we visit.

Saturday evening - at another Romanian friends for dinner. They know I love Samale (cabbage rolls), and Diana kindly made Samale for our dinner - made with ... drum roll... Pork mince

Sunday evening - we have had an entire weekend making Pork Sausages. There was a small amount of mixture left over, which I made into meatballs and that was our dinner

Monday evening - tonight. Without thinking about it, guess what we are having? A local Asian supermarket has a really great butchery, and we got a lovely piece of Pork to roast. Tonight is going to be a traditional Roast Pork.

Tomorrow night. Wait for it, but I think we will hold off for a couple of days. We bought some lovely Freedom Farm Pork Ribs and smoked them, whilst smoking sausages. George has a Hungarian dish he wants to make that needed smoked pork ribs. I think as they are smoked they can wait a few days, and we may have to have chicken, or fish, or a vegetarian night!!

Has anyone else ever had food weeks like this, without consciously deciding to?

Re: Is Pork the new Chicken?
June 03, 2013 06:25AM
Irene in this house it is chicken - chicken satay, roast chicken, chicken nibbles, yellow chicken curry and then a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket for Saturday lunch.
We need some chicken free days!
Lamb in the oven for dinner tonight and a spaghetti bolognese simmering for tomorrow night - just in case we start clucking!
June 03, 2013 06:41AM
Helen at least your family making clucking sounds, will beat us hands down at Oinking and Grunting!!
June 03, 2013 12:19PM
At the moment its not good food. being out of town makes it very hard to eat sensibly and on a tight budget.
I crave vegetables and was very glad to be home to have a decent meal even though we had 2 meals of Pita pit and one of subway while away. (the rest of the family had pizza hut).
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.