Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Cookbook clubs

Posted by cheesecake 
Cookbook clubs
November 05, 2015 10:13AM
I just read this online and thought it was a good idea:
[www.thebreeze.co.nz]

Is anyone aware of a Cookbook Club going in Auckland?
Re: Cookbook clubs
November 07, 2015 04:28AM
I dont know of a Cookbook club in Auckland but I tried a year ago to start a Recipe lunch cllub

My idea was similar to the article where ea person would bring a new recipe cooked plus the recipe printed out for anyone who like it and meet ea month perhaps for lunch
Thought some sweet and more people savoury percentage best for ea of the lunches

I thought it a really good idea but couldnt get interest
January 21, 2016 02:20AM
Hi I just saw this and as it happens I do host a Cookbook club in Auckland.
It is fairly low key we get together usually at my place in Onehunga and we all bring dishes we have made from a nominated cookbook.
We have cooked from a wide variety of cookbooks - Annabel Langbein, Movida, Luke Nguyen, The Petite Kitchen, Plenty, Masterchef winners ...

People usually either borrow the book, use recipes from the website or get the book from the library.
We normally try to have a list of what everyone is attempting so we don't double up.
The group varies in size depending on who can make it but usually 6-12 people and we meet about once every 2 months.

If you would like more info just let me know, we are always on the lookout for keen cooks
January 26, 2016 03:35AM
More info would be good
Do you ever try recipes from foodie magazines as well as cookbooks, as I subscribe to 4 (Dish, Cuisine, Taste and Food) and want to try quite a few of those recipes with people to taste test them - as well as recipes from books
January 27, 2016 08:56AM
Any similar club in Wellington/Hutt Valley?

I used to own Bookfeast, the cookbook store, in Petone. I still regret selling it sometimes & miss spending all day baking in the kitchen in the corner of the shop.
February 08, 2016 12:58AM
Hi Trudie
You say to let you know if anyone would like more info

Yes I would like to hear from you if you would like more people to join your club

Please let me know when your next together will be and details
Heather
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.