Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

older topics

Posted by des 
des
older topics
January 02, 2016 08:21AM
I used to look up recipes on prior topics to save writing in, re recipes which I know had already been discussed. Now I can't seem to find any older stuff. Has it been stopped? thanks des
Re: older topics
January 02, 2016 10:49PM
Helen recently did a clean-up of the recipe section and removed some recipes for various reasons. That could be why you can't find some. You'll just have to ask again for the recipes you're wanting. Good reason to take part in the forums. smiling smiley
des
January 03, 2016 01:17AM
Thanks Lorna, I wanted to check freezing cheesecakes both uncooked and cooked. I have to make six for a wedding but only have two right size tins and wondered if I could freeze especially the uncooked ones, so as to reuse the tins. des
January 03, 2016 09:20PM
I only ever make frozen cheesecakes because I'm not all that fond of the texture of baked ones. I have a recipe for a delicious Frozen Lemon Cheesecake and I'm almost sure it's one of Helen's recipes from the New Zealand Women's Weekly, but when I click on the recipe link, it comes up Page Not Found. Lucky that I had copied the recipe into my laptop recipe book. It's easier to cut partially frozen, as in the instructions, and that also means you can remove only as many slices as you need and keep the rest frozen.

Frozen Lemon Cheesecake

Ingredients
100g butter, melted
1 250g packet malt or plain sweet biscuits
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
393g can sweetened condensed milk
500g cream cheese
½ cup lemon juice

Directions
Lay a piece of baking paper over the base of a springform cake-tin leaving it untrimmed to make it easy to slide the finished cheesecake onto a cake plate. Clip the lightly sprayed ring in place.

Place butter, lemon rind and biscuits in a bowl
and mix to a crumb consistency. Press crumbs over the base and sides of the spring-form cake tin.

Place condensed milk, cream cheese, and juice in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Pour mixture over the biscuit base and freeze for about an hour.

Remove from freezer and cut into 12 wedges wiping the blade between each cut. Return to the freezer to complete the freezing process.

Best removed from freezer about 30 minutes before required.

Pasted from [www.nzwomansweekly.co.nz]
des
January 04, 2016 03:05AM
Thanks again Lorna, As it happens, I have made that one and frozen it and have just now untinned it and covered it and put it back in the freezer. I did a cooked one and did the same. I need to do another four. Think I'll do the uncooked one. I tried using baking paper but couldn't manage to get the base mix up the sides. thanks again, des
J1
January 07, 2016 12:01PM
Des, did you mean you can't find old recipes/discussions in the forums? If you use the "Advanced" search and make sure you choose "All Dates" rather than the default "Last 30 Days", you should be able to look up every single post ever posted on any topic you search for.
des
January 13, 2016 05:00AM
J1, I typed in 'cheesecakes' in the advanced search, and two of the latest posts was/were the only result. I froze three different types including one cooked and they all got polished off. Thanks everyone, des
J1
January 13, 2016 05:51AM
Hi Des, if I do an advanced search for 'cheesecakes', I get pages and pages of results. I think what you need to do is click on the word "Advanced" (located under the search box on this page). This will take you to a search page. On the search page do this:

1. In the 'Search Messages' box, type 'cheesecakes'.
2. Down the bottom, where it says 'Last 30 Days', click on the little down arrow thing and select 'All Dates'.
3. Then click the word 'Search' (located by the 'All Words' box).

You should then get about 11 pages of results.

If you like, you can narrow your search down by doing one further step on that search page. In the 'Forums' box, you can choose 'Foodlovers Food Talk' which is specifically this food forum. That way, you won't get cheesecakes if they're mentioned in the gardening or wine forums, for instance.

Have another go and good luck for bountiful results! Let us know how you get on.
des
January 13, 2016 08:57AM
Hi J1 and thanks for persevering with my problem. At last, I've got it!! and I'm good now. I used to use that original search icon all he time a few years ago. Anyway, thanks again, des
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.