Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Hip Hip Hooray for Billie McKay!

Posted by Stephanie T 
Hip Hip Hooray for Billie McKay!
March 11, 2016 11:00PM
What an extraordinary young woman...have hoped all through that she would win!
Re: Hip Hip Hooray for Billie McKay!
March 11, 2016 11:36PM
Meeeeee too!!! So pleased!
Regards,
Dawn.
March 11, 2016 11:47PM
I was so disappointed when I googled for a Masterchef recipe in the first few days of the series and the first headline I saw told me the winner. Pity we can't have it here sooner or at the same time as Aus. Good winner and it will be interesting to see how far she goes.
March 12, 2016 03:42AM
I was backing Georgia, and managed to avoid any tip offs, was a tense wait last night. I have to say Billie was impressive in the last challenge. I too wish we could have it in a more timely manner. Aus Masterchef 2016 has started screening over there already.
March 12, 2016 04:03AM
I think they were both very good, but I think Billie manages her composure better than Georgia when under pressure. Must admit all the way through this series made me think that Georgia was going to be the girl! She certainly appeared to be a favourite with the judges, but that of course doesn't necessarily mean anything.
Regards,
Dawn.
March 12, 2016 05:19AM
Reynold was my favourite all the way through, what a talent ! Maybe I am just biased because I am a dessert lover, give me a sweet treat ahead of a savoury dish any day of the week.

He has opened his dessert Bar in Sydney with his brother and it is going gangbusters. He has a great future ahead of him.

Billie and her boyfriend are already in London so that she can start working for Heston.

An interesting series this time with very high standards of cooking.

I loved the episodes where Marco Pierre White took part .............. until I googled him .......... shattered dreams ! lol.

Cheers,

Beverley
March 12, 2016 06:54AM
Beverley I too backed Reynold all the way but then I suppose the judges had to choose an all round cook I don't know He was only 21years old and an expert already with desserts.What turned up when you googled Marco Pierre White?
March 12, 2016 08:10AM
Ummmmm, Marylew,not in front of the children !! Lol. I don't like the way he struts around with a very long bladed sharp knife in his hand.
March 12, 2016 01:43PM
Hi Griz - Masterchef hasn't started here yet- supposed to start in May. They're flogging the trailer like crazy though. Nigella is going to be a guest judge. It will be interesting to see what's she's like.
MKR has just finished the 'redemption' round and I must say this series in particular seems to be focusing more than ever on the people rather than the cooking. Looks like the casting dept has gone more for the nasty/b*tchy type rather than a good cook. Not sure I'm going to keep watching.
March 12, 2016 02:11PM
Yes I misread Georgia's post, I think she was talking about being present at the auditions...but still I do wish that we screened it at the same time as Aussie did. Given that there will be no MCNZ this year, due to TV3 munting it! :-(
March 13, 2016 01:29AM
Yes I agree Griz - it finished here ages ago! What a shame there's no NZ Masterchef sad smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.