Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Which cream has the highest milk fat content?

Posted by AliciaWarrenNZ 
Which cream has the highest milk fat content?
May 12, 2016 05:23AM
HI everyone
I remember the cream from my youth. My grandparents had a house cow or three, and their own cream separator. You can set a cream separator to give you thick or thin cream. They made thick cream. It was so thick it wasn't pourable. You had to spoon it out of the tub. This means more of the milk liquids were removed and the fat content was higher than the cream you can buy today.
These days in NZ you can only find pouring cream, or cream that has been thickened by adding other ingredients. The highest fat content I have found in a pure cream is Pams Cream at 35% fat. Can anybody tell me whether it is possible to find and buy pure cream with no additives and with a higher fat content than Pams? Around 40% would be excellent. I'm in Auckland so if there are any small boutique dairy farms or dairy factories near Auckland that can supply high fat thick cream I'd love to know about them.
Yours in low carb - high fat bliss,
Alicia
Re: Which cream has the highest milk fat content?
May 12, 2016 06:43AM
Lewis Road Double Cream is around 48% butterfat. It is readily available in supermarkets, also at Farro.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2016 06:44AM by TPANDAV.
May 12, 2016 08:19AM
The Lewis Road double cream is GORGEOUS!
May 12, 2016 08:29AM
It is, isn't it. I sometimes buy it by mistake instead of the LR single cream (well, sort of by mistake) and have it with yoghurt and fruit.
May 12, 2016 09:57AM
Lewis Road makes the best cream. Poured over a hot fruit crumble = bliss!
May 12, 2016 01:56PM
Ah! So that's why the Lewis Road cream is the empty shelf when I get there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.