Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Delicious and Easy white chocolate cookies - a great Xmas treat

Posted by Vanessa45 
Delicious and Easy white chocolate cookies - a great Xmas treat
October 28, 2017 10:20PM
I made these for my kids the other day, they were easy and really delicious. I thought they would be great as a Christmas treat especially if you added cranberries as well as chocolate.

I actually halved the recipe and had to google how many grams a cup of butter was (226.8 grams)

Of course you could use milk or dark chocolate. I used white chocolate buttons.
I also just used white sugar as was out of brown.

I will be making them again.
Vanessa

Recipe from https://cookiesandcups.com/the-best-white-chocolate-chip-cookies/

Ingredients

1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 1/2 cups flour
20 oz coarsely chopped white chocolate (2 1/2 – 3 cups) You can use white chips as well

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350° and line an baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
In bowl of stand mixer cream together butter and both sugars for 2 minutes in medium speed.
Turn speed to low and add in eggs and vanilla. Turn mixer back up to medium and beat until smooth, about 20 seconds.
Turn mixer back to low and add in salt, baking soda, baking powder and flour, mixing until just combined.
Fold in white chocolate chunks.
Form dough into heaping tablespoon sized balls (I used a 2 Tbsp cookie scoop), placing 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden around edges. Don’t over-bake.
Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to finish cooling.
Re: Delicious and Easy white chocolate cookies - a great Xmas treat
October 30, 2017 06:13AM
If you found them a little on the salty side, it'll be because the recipe stated kosher salt. Kosher salt has larger flakey crystals (not as big as Maldon though) and therefore has less weight in a given measure than table salt. The conversion to table salt is roughly 3/4 of whatever measure of kosher salt.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.