Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Who uses a Thermomix

Posted by Janet or Emma 
Who uses a Thermomix
April 16, 2018 09:55AM
We are currently staying in China with our daughter, who has a Thermomix. I am having so much fun with it that I am considering buying one (despite having a new Cuisinart food processor an new big mixer). I'm curious as to what people think of them, and what are your favourite recipes? Thanks, Janet
Re: Who uses a Thermomix
April 17, 2018 03:55AM
I dont, its not really my thing but Facebook Aussie friend ALWAYS seems to be raving about hers....
April 18, 2018 05:08PM
Its interesting, Vanessa. I have been even more fascinated than I thought. I suggested it to her as she was having to buy a replacement for all her appliances, but is gives you back so much time. Just set an forget. So far there have been no failures, and that's making two or three dishes each day for the last three weeks. I'm trying as big a variety as possible........
April 18, 2018 11:06PM
What sort of things can you make in one?
April 19, 2018 12:43PM
I've made lots of different sorts of dough - bread, pizza dough, ciabatta, pinwheels, hot cross buns, date scones, apple and cinnamon porridge, chicken liver pate, hummus, pesto, boiled eggs (I know, why would you, but it's very precise in terms of done-ness), Chelsea Winter's ginger and oat slice, sticky lemon slice, shortbread, puff pastry, chocolate chip bikkies, honey mustard chicken, amazing mashed potato, peppermint brownie, chocolate mousse, spaghetti and meatballs, steamed buns, fresh lemonade. As you can see, I've been having fun!!! I've also been using up things, hence the pinwheels.

Lots of fun, but I'd be happy to have more ideas....... Janet
May 08, 2018 11:50AM
I've had my Thermomix for 4 years - I have the previous model. I don't use mine as much as you've been using your daughters. I use mine for making stock paste's, soup, risotto, baking, salted caramel sauce (my family are addicted), white sauce, general chopping and mixing. I don't tend to do much steaming in it because it requires cleaning the top bits which I find annoying. I love mine and wouldn't be without it. I mostly use the Thermomix cookbooks and online recipe community. However I do convert standard recipes as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.