Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

quiche lorraine recipe.

Posted by marylew 
quiche lorraine recipe.
May 06, 2018 06:58AM
Does anyone have the simple Quiche Lorraine recipe that is printed in one of the Australian women's weekly series of cookbooks? I think it is called Pies and Quiches but can't find my copy.It has the chives and bacon browned in butter if I can remember.I would be grateful if anyone has it thanks or a similar recipe.
Re: quiche lorraine recipe.
May 06, 2018 07:10AM
Marylew I have a Quiche Lorraine recipe from the AWW Cookbook which I have pencilled "Very good" beside the recipe. I will PM it to you and you will know whether it is the one you are looking for.
Regards,
Dawn.
May 06, 2018 07:36AM
Just tried to PM the recipe to you Marylew but I can't because the Captcha security control needs updating and I don't know whether it's safe under copyright laws to print it here. The AWW Cookbook is 48 years old and I think it may be OK to copy after 50 years? Can someone/Helen let me know if it's OK please?
Regards,
Dawn.
May 06, 2018 07:55AM
Thank you Dawn ,I will look forward to receiving it.I have made a big mess, with cookbooks all over the floor that I have not looked at for years since finding the internet and google.I won't put them away yet because the memories of what I cooked in the past and have never thought about since actually inspired me to cook it all again.I just don't look at cookbooks anymore but I will go through a lot of them again because when I think about them I only bought them because they showed food that interested me.Another funny thing I found was a lot of the recipes and ingredients that I wasn't interested in back then,I love now.I am looking forward to going back through them all now and there are many so I must have had lots of money in my thirties and forties.
May 06, 2018 08:18AM
I'm not sure whether the recipe I have is the one you want. It does have bacon fried, and uses raw onion sprinkled into the dish before it's cooked. I'd prefer to cook the onion with the bacon to be honest as I always think raw onion sprinkled into a pie makes the onion still taste raw. This recipe also uses 4 ozs cream cheese in it's pastry instead of butter. I suspect if this was the recipe you used to have, you would probably have mentioned the cream cheese pastry.

I have visions of Marylew sitting happily surrounded with her cookbooks! I often grab one of my old cookbooks to re-read, and yes, it takes me back in time and what I used to cook. The ingredients list is the same, but some of the cooking and preparation methods I might change given the modern days and ways and also the good old food processor.

Hopefully I will be able to PM or put the recipe here soon. smiling smiley
Regards,
Dawn.
May 06, 2018 08:30AM
Hi Dawn,that's not it and I was 16 at the time,couldn't cook an egg.It has chives sauteed in butter and maybe the bacon as well, but thank you very much for trying to help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.