Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Bread like "Fleur's"

Posted by Griz 
Bread like "Fleur's"
September 06, 2018 07:43PM
I went to Fleur's earlier this year, and of all the delisciousness it was the breads that took my heart. Moist in the middle, but structured, crisp but not dense crust, flavour ++ but not like any bread I've ever had before. I'd love a recipe I could start to work with.
J1
Re: Bread like "Fleur's"
September 07, 2018 05:01AM
Her book Fleur's Place, which might contain a bread recipe, is available from the Masterton Library through the SMART Libraries catalogue
[smart.spydus.co.nz]
September 08, 2018 12:20PM
Sadly there's no bread recipe in 'Fleur's Place', but there are lots of other great recipes, and some wonderful photos.
J1
September 08, 2018 12:25PM
In that case, if I was really keen, I'd contact Fleur and ask her about her bread..... [www.fleursplace.com]
September 09, 2018 05:36AM
She's already sent me the recipe for her coriander, chilli and coconut sauce, I'm not cheeky enough to go back for another recipe!
September 09, 2018 10:20AM
Agree with J1 - just ask. The fact that you have asked before would, I believe, not matter in her eyes.

Did you see the recent news about thieves stealing quantities of seafood and meat from her freezers - just awful. She has offered a reward for any information.

Heading down there next week - have visited on a couple of occasions and look forward to lunch en route from Dunedin to Christchurch again

Regards,

Barbara Anne.
J1
September 09, 2018 12:03PM
You never know, she might say they don't make it. She might get it in from Vinbrux Bakery in Oamaru or something....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.