Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Free Range Chicken Mince

Posted by Lyn V 
Free Range Chicken Mince
July 24, 2019 02:01AM
I have just gone to salt my Bostock chicken re TAPANDAV’s recipe & discovered it is mince how can I honour this the way it should be please.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2019 02:06AM by Lyn V.
Re: Free Range Chicken Mince
July 24, 2019 11:12PM
Oh bother....I'd do a larb, or chicken burgers.
July 25, 2019 12:07AM
I'd do chicken balls with Asian flavours and chopped peanuts added and spring onions.
July 25, 2019 02:14AM
Lynn, I would be grateful if you could let us know how you are finding this chicken mince. I can buy Bostock at my supermarket but have so far only once used the breasts which I overcooked. They were tough but I will definately be trying again using TPANDAV’s method. I have never bought chicken mince i. The past because I fear that it might all be skin and bits. I would not eat. However, there are so many nice recipes out there that I might like to try Bostock which I would trust more than other brands.

July 25, 2019 02:25AM
I echo what Chris has said. I've always in the past made my own chicken mince from free range thigh meat, but it's a nuisance and quite expensive to do it that way. I certainly trust Bostock more than the other chicken suppliers.
July 25, 2019 03:21AM
I am going to cook it tonight Asian style, will let you know. It wasn’t cheap so it better be nice, $14.50 for under 500grams.
July 25, 2019 11:58PM
I cooked my Bostock mince last night & the mince itself was A1, really good quality. Unfortunately the recipe I chose whilst tasty was too salty for us, more soy sauce than normal, I should have twigged. Never mind my mistake. Today I have to think how I can rectify what is left over to make it less salty, thought maybe buy more to add to it. Will think on it. Any suggestions greatly received.
It has ginger, garlic, fish & sesame already added.
July 26, 2019 12:08AM
Would it work if you add unsalted cooked rice to the dish to lessen the saltyness?
Regards,
Dawn.
July 26, 2019 01:09AM
You could turn the leftovers into a noodle dish by adding soaked glass noodles and heating for about 5 minutes, or you could bulk out the leftovers with something bland like soaked silver cloud fungus or ordinary white mushrooms. In the eggplant season I would add steamed diced eggplant.
July 26, 2019 04:18AM
Make up a dumpling mix or you could use it as a chicken meat ball mix. Use pre rolled dumpling wrappers.
Add chilli/sweet chilli, ginger, coriander, fish sauce etc.
Or make it as a mince and make up rice paper rolls.

I love chicken mince - what a happy accident ;-)

Vanessa
July 26, 2019 04:32AM
Oh thank you everyone some nic3 choices there, I will pick one of them. Tx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.