Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Raspberry and White chocolate shortcake

Posted by helen 
Raspberry and White chocolate shortcake
February 26, 2020 05:16AM
One of the dessert highlights from my week cooking for rowers (70) at Karapiro last week was Raspberry and white chocolate shortcake.
It is such a lovely flavour and the white chocolate blends so well with the raspberries.,
Essentially it is quite a soft shortcake, sprinkled with white chocolate and then frozen raspberries and remaining shortcake crumbled over the top.
Does anyone else already make his?
I will scale down the recipe for domestic use - Mine was enormous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2020 06:56AM by helen.
Re: Raspberry and White chocolate shortcake
February 26, 2020 08:09PM
Sounds delicious Helen, will look forward to scaled down recipe.
March 04, 2020 09:48PM
Wow those rowers were lucky having you cooking for them! Both my children rowed and we had our time at Karapiro and Ruataniwha but my cooking would have fell well short compared to you. smiling smiley

Twice Cooked
[www.twicecooked.co.nz]
March 04, 2020 09:50PM
Jacki I am sure your food would have been great. I do try and put effort into tasty meals for them and they are always appreciative.
3rd batch of white chocolate and raspberry shortcake being made today and then I will have recipe to share. smiling smiley
March 04, 2020 10:05PM
Looking forward to that recipe!

Twice Cooked
[www.twicecooked.co.nz]
March 05, 2020 05:01AM
Jackit if you don't already have it....it in this link.
[www.foodlovers.co.nz]
March 05, 2020 07:41AM
Version 3 is made and the recipe posted.
White Chocolate and Raspberry Shortcake
March 21, 2020 08:52PM
I made this last weekend to take to the neighbours for dinner and it was very well received. I have just read a variation to the recipe - rhubarb, raspberry and white chocolate, which sounds interesting and worth a try.

Regards,

Barbara Anne
May 12, 2020 01:34PM
Hi Helen

I've been making this recipe, originally posted in a Foodtown Magazine, for probably 10 years. Everyone loves it!

Here is the link to it

[shop.countdown.co.nz]

I make it in a bigger tin as I prefer the shortcake to be thinner (my preference) and use Nestle or Cadbury white melts. I cover the bottom with them then add frozen raspberries and top with remaining mix. It's a winner!
May 13, 2020 02:59AM
Ahh good idea Argie girl. I altered the Food mag recipe a little as thought it needed 1/2 cup more flour, at least twice the amount of chocolate and also more raspberries.
I like your method suggestion.
August 03, 2020 01:34AM
Absolutely delicious!!!!!! Turned into a lockdown favourite as I had a lot of frozen raspberries here. What a winner thank you!
August 06, 2020 11:37PM
Great to hear Dash and it has reminded me that I will make it again this weekend.
August 07, 2020 02:43AM
This will be great to feed our rowers as we feed about 50 hungry teenage boys when we're away at camp & regattas. When you made it for 70, did you spread amongst multiple normal sized dishes or 1-2 large dishes? Just thinking about cooking time if we make it in the extra-large roasting tins that are available in the kitchen we use. Thanks Helen!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2020 02:46AM by ppppaula.
August 07, 2020 04:04AM
Paula I make it in the large roasting dishes that places such as Epworth have in their kitchen.
If you email me then I will send you the recipe with scales for different quantities and how many dishes you need.
If you need any other rowing recipes (as in recipes for large numbers) then do ask.
helen@foodlovers.co.nz

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2020 04:05AM by helen.
August 07, 2020 04:22AM
This sounds ideal for me. I am looking for a good dessert that will keep for a couple of days. Assuming anyone has been able to keep it for a few days, would you let me know, please.
August 08, 2020 05:44AM
I've got a recipe for a more 'adult' version, gleaned from Stuff's Lifesyle page back in 2015. The ingredients list isn't that long but they are all a little more expensive to make it on a regular basis. Anyway, the recipe is still on their website so have a look here:
[www.stuff.co.nz]
August 08, 2020 05:52AM
Lorna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've got a recipe for a more 'adult' version,
> gleaned from Stuff's Lifesyle page back in 2015.
> The ingredients list isn't that long but they are
> all a little more expensive to make it on a
> regular basis. Anyway, the recipe is still on
> their website so have a look here:
> [www.stuff.co.nz]
> 541/recipe-white-chocolate--limoncello-fridge-cake

Goodness Lorna,that looks decadent. As it happens, I have an unopened bottle of Limoncello in the freezer. It’s been there for a good 10 yearsand should still be fine. This looks likea special occasion dessert to me so making it will have to wait for a special day when it’s more than the two of us.
August 08, 2020 12:26PM
Oh yum, and thank you Lorna. Languishing in my pantry since before Christmas I have a block of white belgian chocolate, packets of meringue nests and savoiardi; all of which would probably still be there this time next year if you hadn't posted that recipe. I also have plenty of slivered almonds as I buy them in 1kg catering packs for use in things such as granola, couscous, ricotta cake; and I'm sure the possibly 20yr old italian mandarin liqueur would be a suitable substitute for limoncello. Just have to restock the blueberrries.
Lynne2
August 09, 2020 12:02AM
Chris, I have the last few sips of Limoncello languishing in my freezer since my holiday in Nelson about 10 or 11 years ago. I just keep forgetting it's there, sitting in the corner, buried in the very depths of my chest freezer.
Lynn, you'll have to report back and let us know what the mandarin flavour (and everything else) is like. Sounds quite delicious!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.