Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Cookbook - 7000 Islands - a food portrait of the Philippines

Posted by J1 
J1
Cookbook - 7000 Islands - a food portrait of the Philippines
July 08, 2020 12:18PM
I came across this cookbook recently - 7000 Islands - a food portrait of the Philippines by Yasmin Newman and have been blown away by how terrific it is; the most interesting cookbook I've looked through for years. I want to eat pretty much every dish and there's fascinating information and beautiful pictures for each one. I can't believe it was published in 2013 - where has it been hiding.....

Does anyone know this book and have you cooked anything from it?
Re: Cookbook - 7000 Islands - a food portrait of the Philippines
July 08, 2020 01:11PM
It sounds fascinating. I will have a look for it as I know very little about Filipino cuisine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2020 12:47AM by TPANDAV.
July 08, 2020 10:52PM
I did a brief search of Yasmin's name and there are several sites with some of her recipes, some with videos. I haven't the time right now to have a proper look, I have a meeting to go to and must get ready. I'll have a good look round the sites later today.
July 09, 2020 12:21AM
Being an avid scuba diver, I have holidayed often in the Philippines on diving trips and thoroughly enjoy their cuisine. I have recreated dishes at home as I have brought back spice mixes, etc, but be warned, some of it is very sweet and very fatty.

Certainly not the healthiest of cuisines, but the memories of those buffet breakfasts eye rolling smiley

Oh, to travel again....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.