Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Gf Df Nf Carrot Cake

Posted by Charlene 
Gf Df Nf Carrot Cake
October 26, 2020 09:41AM
Hi
I need to make a carrot cake for a wedding cake tier that is gluten free, nut free, dairy free.
I've tried a couple just by googling and they were awful. Can anyone help me with a great recipe please?
Thanks
Charlene
Re: Gf Df Nf Carrot Cake
October 27, 2020 10:33AM
Sorry I am not much help except to say that the nut free and dairy free are logical as you don't usually use dairy in a carrot cake (aside from icing) and nuts are optional. Have you tried a regular carrot cake recipe using gf baking mix? As I write this I am worrying though that it maybe compromised.

I will take a look in some relevant books to see if there are any recipes.
October 28, 2020 03:05AM
Charlene, I am GF and DF and have had plenty of trial and error with recipes that are a puzzle to bakers. There is a very good recipe site called Gluten Free Made Easy which has some excellent flour mixes for baking and great recipes too. $29.00 per annum. Also Sophie Gray has a good flour mix in her book "Enjoy" 2 cups Glutinous rice flour,1 cup potato starch flour 1 cup tapioca starch flour. Sift together several times to combine. I also add 1 level tspn Xanthan gum which aids the structure.'
In another mix for flour mixes Sophie has "potato flour" as well as potato starch flour. I have never been able to find this and all places say it's potato starch flour. If anyone knows of "potato flour could they please post the information.
Good luck.
October 28, 2020 03:17AM
I buy potato flour in Chinese food markets.
October 28, 2020 06:32AM
Hi, yes I that's kind of where I've started just substituting regular flour for gf and leaving out nuts, I also got a df cream cheese. I put all the "free" requirements in the post as I know there are some recipes that use nut based flours. Will keep experimenting! I have till February smiling smiley
November 04, 2020 08:36AM
I've tried a lot of Quirky Jo recipes and they are usually excellent. It uses a Thermomix, but should be easy to convert. [www.quirkycooking.com.au]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.