Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Portable Recipes - your recipes are with you wherever you go

Posted by J1 
J1
Portable Recipes - your recipes are with you wherever you go
March 25, 2022 04:13AM
A Foodlover mentioned on another thread that she didn't have her recipes with her because she was holidaying away from home. I have my recipes typed up in a Word document on my computer, which enables me to keep a copy of that document on my cellphone. Then I can refer to any recipe, or make one of them, if the situation arises.

Do other Foodlovers like to keep their recipes handy if they're away from home? If so, what method do you use?
Re: Portable Recipes - your recipes are with you wherever you go
March 25, 2022 09:07AM
I don't these days, but I did for a while use Dropbox to store the recipes I have as documents on my hard drive. It worked well.

The reason I don't bother any more is partly that travel is so reduced, but also that when I am away from home I'd rather cook on the fly from what is available at the market, than try to cobble together ingredients and make a familiar dish.
J1
March 25, 2022 09:16AM
Yes, I should add the recipes are really only for if I'm at a relative's place and have opted for cooking them lunch or dinner. Then I can haul out a favourite recipe. Dessert's sometimes called for as well, or even baking, so it's good to have my tried and true recipes on hand.
March 25, 2022 10:34AM
If it's not a huge number if recipes that you want, then you could always export them as PDFs and attach them to an email to yourself.
March 25, 2022 09:06PM
I have all my recipes in my OneNote recipe section on my Laptop which is synced with my tablet and phone, so wherever I go, my recipes go, even if only to the shops! OneNote is the best thing since sliced bread!
March 27, 2022 10:06AM
I just came on to say, my phone and laptop are synced so I can access via my phone where ever I am.
April 10, 2022 08:02AM
I use Paprika for my recipes. There is a cost but the big advantage is that there is a phone app so I have my recipes wherever I go. It is so handy - I can check recipes in the supermarket, immediately email recipes to friends when they ask for them, plan the week's menus during my lunch hour, and cook things while away from home.
June 02, 2022 07:42AM
I use the free version of copy me that, and have done for a few years. It’s easy to copy online recipes, you can add your own, and what I’ve done when I’ve been pressed for time lately is just taken a photo of the recipe I want to add, given the recipe a name, then I can just enlarge the picture (photographed recipe) to read it. Not ideal, but wuick and easy and so far seems to work
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.