Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Vietnamese Beef Stew

Posted by J1 
J1
Vietnamese Beef Stew
February 07, 2023 10:32PM
This has a great, unique flavour and has become one of our favourites. Do add the 500g carrots. I originally got the recipe from her book at the library and it has a slightly different method to the internet version, but both versions will work fine. We just have vegetables with it, as we prefer to mostly stay away from refined carbs (bread, pasta, noodles, etc).
[www.foodandwine.com]

You don't need a Dutch oven for it - I just use a normal good-sized saucepan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2023 10:33PM by J1.
Re: Vietnamese Beef Stew
February 07, 2023 11:35PM
I make this often and serve it with a plainly cooked green veg such as spinach or silverbeet. The stew is also very good made with cubed daikon instead of carrots.

Any leftovers are used to flavour sweet potato noodles or rice noodles. Also very good with mashed potato!
J1
February 08, 2023 03:06AM
Yes, we had it with mashed potato last week! smiling smiley Sort of like a far superior version of KFC mashed potato and gravy smiling smiley Although it's about 40 years since I had KFC mashed potato and gravy......
February 08, 2023 08:26AM
I will certainly put this on my list for winter time. Thank you J1. cheers Gran
February 09, 2023 01:39AM
Ooh that sounds good, nice to have new flavours. I have lots of lemongrass growing
August 13, 2023 08:19PM
The depth of flavor in this dish was truly exceptional. The broth had a wonderful depth, with hints of lemongrass, star anise, and other traditional Vietnamese spices. The hearty vegetables and rice noodles added a satisfying texture, making every spoonful a comforting experience.

The cozy ambiance of Vietnamese restaurant further enhanced the dining experience. The staff was attentive and friendly, and the attention to detail in presenting the dish was commendable. This Vietnamese stew is now at the top of my favorites list, and I'm already planning my next visit to enjoy it again.
August 20, 2023 08:06AM
On my list for family dinner this week, sounds delicious. Will do the veggies & mashed potatoes. Thank you for this tasty sounding dish.
September 06, 2023 03:32AM
I also like Vietnamese food, I even decided to go there and I advise everyone to go there. In general, gastropravelling is very cool. The main thing is to find accommodation in advance. rentola.co.nz is your reliable partner in this endeavour. It offers a variety of rentals in different neighbourhoods and price categories, making it easy and convenient to find accommodation. This is a great way to make your trip even more comfortable and enjoyable!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.