Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Late Developing Baker

Posted by Ali W 
Late Developing Baker
April 02, 2023 12:32AM
My husband has developed a serious interest in making Hot Cross Buns. The raisins were soaked in rum for 3 weeks, and various recipes were studied and analysed.

He had a trial run on Wednesday and I came home to chaos in the kitchen and my man with a huge grin on his face.

We stood there fanning them until they were cool enough to eat, slapped on the butter and boy were they good, chock full of fruit, peel and spices. One is more than enough.

He then took some across to the neighbours who pronounced them the best they had ever eaten.

Now instead of watching his favourite blokey stuff on YouTube, it's nothing but German baking sites with subtitles and tinkly music.

I can see some serious goodies coming up. Not sure if I should be excited or worried!
Re: Late Developing Baker
April 02, 2023 12:40AM
Love it Ali. Well done him for attempting a bake that possibly isn't the easiest of recipes to start with. You have to keep us updated with what he attempts next!
April 02, 2023 04:51AM
You must be chuffed, Ali. I have yet to bake mine. I like the idea of soaking the raisins in rum. Mine are looking a bit desiccated and a bit of rum in hot water might do the trick. Thank you for the tip.
Once thing I disagree with though. One hot cross bun is never enough.
April 02, 2023 09:50PM
Great to read your post Ali. Makes me feel a bit pathetic that I have never attempted hot cross buns. Annie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.