Moroccan Lamb Chops

Posted by J1 
J1
Moroccan Lamb Chops
April 27, 2023 10:06AM
This recipe is based on a lamb ribs recipe by Sam Mannering [www.stuff.co.nz]

It's delicious and easy.

Moroccan Lamb Chops
8 lamb shoulder chops (approx 1350g chops)
2 tablespoons of evoo (extra virgin olive oil, or your usual cooking oil such as canola oil, etc)
zest and juice of 2 lemons (or one large lemon)
2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
4 teaspoons each of cumin seeds and coriander seeds, ground in a mortar and pestle
25-30g freshly grated ginger root
sea salt & black pepper to taste

In a large dish (such as a roast pan) combine everything, turning and rubbing so the chops are well coated all over. Then spread the chops out in one layer on a large, low-sided oven tray. Roast at 180°C fanbake for 40 minutes, turning chops over after first 20 minutes. Meat should be soft and falling off the bone but also crisp and tasty on the outside.
Re: Moroccan Lamb Chops
April 27, 2023 10:40AM
That looks delicious, thank you. It would also be a great way of cooking lamb shanks.
April 28, 2023 03:35AM
Thank you a lovely sounding change, lamb is something which we really enjoy.
April 28, 2023 04:12AM
Yes, thank you J1 for a lovely easy recipe, I've copied. Lemons make a recipe like this!
Regards,
Dawn.
J1
April 28, 2023 04:47AM
TPANDAV, that's interesting. How would you do the lamb shanks? I usually think of lamb shanks as needing moisture and long cooking so they become "falling off the bone", and I'm thinking they could be done with this recipe in the slow cooker. But I'm assuming you mean cook them much the same as the chops, so they come out more like a "falling off the bone" lamb roast?
April 28, 2023 06:00AM
Yes, that would be my choice. Roast the shanks in the paste, covered, at a low temperature for about 3 hours or until very tender and browned on the outside. A piece of lamb shoulder would work in the same way.

I don't really like meat cooked in a slow cooker - to me it gets too soft and pasty.
jal
May 09, 2023 10:54PM
Made this dish using four lamb shoulder chops. We both thought they were delicious. Ate two and the next night turned the remaining two into a lamb sharwarma dish. Delicious and economical. Many thanks J1
May 15, 2023 10:50AM
Thank you for this recipe J1. I've just had them as tonight's meal - an easy midweek dinner. As you say, they come out crisp and tasty yet tender. Will definitely make again spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.