Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Shaking up the old menu rotation

Posted by Heather F 
Shaking up the old menu rotation
September 21, 2023 06:59AM
Hi All,
Got a bit bored with the 'same old same old', so have tried a couple of new recipes lately, and we've loved both of them.
the first one - Argentinian Choripan from Taste, I made a bit of a boo-boo and bought the already cooked chorizo, but I don't think that mattered too much. So delish and easy: [www.taste.com.au]
And the other one was using good ole mince, also from Taste, though Recipetineats does something similar: [www.taste.com.au]
These probably aren't authentic to their countries of origin, however we found them both very tasty and easy.
With the Mexican one I used 4 bean mix as that was what I had, and didn't grill the cheese, just scattered on top with the sliced spring onions. Served with rice, this did 4 very generous servings.
Re: Shaking up the old menu rotation
September 21, 2023 09:11AM
Thanks for sharing Heather. Both recipes look great!
October 01, 2023 03:47AM
As I am constantly recipe testing we do seem to try new recipes regularly. A new favourite is Vietnamese Style Pork & Prawn Balls with salad and nuoc cham sauce. Essentially lots of lemongrass, garlic in the balls and mint, coriander and basil in the salad. I am happy to share the recipe and will take a photo this week.
October 01, 2023 10:25PM
I will look forward to it, Helen. Perhaps it will be summery enough soon to enjoy. These last few days I've gone back to a substantial soup, and have bought crosscut blade for a last wintery casserole, it has been so wet and cold.
October 03, 2023 04:05AM
Thanks Irene! Always good to find new dishes that are very tasty and not too much faff smiling bouncing smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.