Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Finger food for pre-ball drinks 16-17 year olds

Posted by Cheryl Rae 
I would love some recipes for finger food for my daughter's pre-ball drinks
at my place. Mainly 16-17 year olds and their parents. Can anyone help.
Quick recipes would be appreciated as I work and only have limited time
Thanks

Cheryl
The 16-17 year olds will probably be too excited to eat much so don't waste too much time on the catering.
They will also be mindful of what could spill or mark on their dresses so make sure that anything you do is user friendly to eat.
Some basic suggestions are
* Crispy pita triangles - buy pita bread and cut into triangles, brush with oil and sprinkle with seeds or lemon pepper. Place in oven til crisp.
* Cheese selection with gourmet crackers
* guacomole with corn chips (could be messy though)
* Crostini with assorted toppings - pate, olive tapenade, char grilled capsicum etc...

Take a look at the recipes labelled finger food in our recipe search.

Helen
I had to do this for my daughter (a few years ago) when in Alexandra. I was lucky. Just a few for about 20/30minutes. My experience was that a) most of them were too excited and too much in front of the mirror to eat!, and b) they wouldn't touch anything messy.
Toothpicks were my saviour on the evening. Anything that can be taken in the mouth from the end of a toothpick should go down well! Nothing wrong with cheese,pineapple,gherkin etc. Pieces of fruit interspersed. Marinaded or crumbed "bites" of fish or meat (purchased or cooked yourself) they can "spear" and dip into a sauce.
Carrot sticks, celery sticks,pieces of capsicum, rice crackers etc. with a firmish dip or two.
Of course, you'll also be catering for males and parents. I am merely suggesting a few nibbles for the young ladies!

Good luck, I treasure the photo of my eldest daughter on the evening of her first ball.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.