Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Risone salad - Travel Cafe Hastings

Posted by Prue 
Prue
Risone salad - Travel Cafe Hastings
October 04, 2003 08:42AM
Hi all ,

I've just returned home to Wellington from Hawkes Bay where I tried the most delicious Risone/Spinach salad. I didnt get the chance to ask for the recipe as they where all extremely busy. I am wondering has anyone on here got any similar recipes using Risone?

Hi Prue - what is Risone?
Is it Risoni - the Italian pasta shape that is similar to rice, but a little larger?
Yes - it's the rice shaped pasta sometimes known as orzo - BUT where is the Travel Cafe? I live here in H.B. and don't know it!
The Travel Cafe is in Heretuanga Street, opposite Inside Out. It use to be just Tremains Travel Shop, now its a Travel Cafe, kills 2 birds with 1 stone I guess...grinning smiley
The orzo spinach recipe I have is:-
450g uncooked orzo pasta
280g baby spinach leaves finely chopped
225g crumbled feta cheese (I use the cumin & garlic)
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
100g pine nuts
1/2 tsp dried basil (Try with fresh)
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1/2 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic
Bring large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Add orzo and cook for 8-10 min or until al dente, drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a largebowl and stir in spinach, feta onion, pine nuts basil, and pepper. Toss with olive oil, and balsamic vinega. Refigerate, serve cold.
Serves 8. Enjoy!
I have used frozen spinach that has been defrosted and squeezed dry in this recipie, and it has worked well.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.