Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Garage sale and market addict

Posted by CR 
CR
Garage sale and market addict
June 26, 2004 11:00AM
I do markets and garage sales regularly and like nothing better than something to hunt for. If you want me to look for something for you, let me know. I'm in Christchurch.
Well CR I really appreciate your offer!! and would love to take you up on it!! I am always after the gold bands for large agee jars, they are the only ones that fit the older style jars (not the green ones that are available new) - I would take as many as you can get and would be happy to send you postage and packaging.as well as the price of the rings....thanks in advance! Lynley
CR
Re: Garage sale and market addict
July 12, 2004 10:49PM
Dear Lynley,
Say no more...the thill of the hunt is upon me!
CR
Hi,

I am looking for a bamix magic wand....wanting a 240 watt model with three blades or more....Hope you can stumble across one in your travels, I am based in Wellington,

Regards,

Vivienne

Hi CR

If you are still interested in looking for things we are after a Cuisine Magazine, Issue No 2! It is very old but the only one we haven't got. If you find one let me know and I will get it from you. I am in Lower Hutt.
Happy hunting
September 08, 2004 08:05AM
Hi CR

I am looking for an old mincer - one that screws on to the bench.

Thanks in anticpation.

Jude
September 09, 2004 01:45AM
Hi CR

Just found one last night on Trademe and won the auction.

Thanks anyway

Jude
CR
September 12, 2004 10:46AM
Lynley,
10 gold preserving jar bands will be in the post in the next couple of daysgrinning smileyCR
September 23, 2004 11:51AM
Hey Carol - I received the bands today - thank you so much - you are a darling! let me know that cost and I will send it to you...
January 04, 2005 12:53PM
Hi Lynley,
I would appreciate it if you could keep your eyes open for some of those gold agee screw tops for preserving thanks,- I ve only just started to attempt to do some jam making but I are finding the lids a little hard to find in the North.
lynley wrote:

> Hey Carol - I received the bands today - thank you so much -
> you are a darling! let me know that cost and I will send it to
> you...
January 24, 2005 12:28AM
Dear Lynley, Do you have a source for the top lids for the Agee large jars? The dairy's here that used to cary them now do not! I could swap you some jars if you have extra! Cheers, Rita in Wanganui
January 24, 2005 12:32AM
Dear CR, You are a woman after my own heart! If you happen to run across the white enamel lids that are the insides of the gold lids that you got for Lynley they are the bits that I am missing! A dairy here in Wanganui used to carry them but they have stopped. The other brand doesn't fit. Thanks so much. Rita
CR
February 02, 2005 11:25AM
Rita, do you mean the seals for the Agee Jars? CR
Hello CR, and All!

What a wonderful soul you are!

I am looking for a rubber gasket for an old, copper bottomed Revereware Pressure cooker. The gasket measures about 7 7/8" inches across. Or more simply, just shy of 8".

I can post a picture if needed. Just email me directly.

These pots are no longer manufactored, although this pressure cookers is wonderful! No one here in the states (or anywhere that I can find) carries replacement parts.

The pot belonged to my Grams, who taught me how to cook - I would like to use it again.

Also, I am avidly looking for older style buttons, glass and plastics, metals. I will gladly pay the postage and reasonable cost of the purchase.

Just email me the amount, and if you can take Pay Pal, I'll quickly reimburse you.

Thanks again,
"Alex"
appletree@frontiernet.net
(Yes the 'net' part is in there twice.)
March 28, 2008 02:44AM
lookinjg for 500ml agee bottling jars.Can anyone help Thanks
May 28, 2008 12:11PM
Hi there,

that's such a wonderful offer!

I'm on the hunt for a glass bowl for my kenwood mixer - it got broken during a house move and I miss it. The model is a 701 and it is white with pale blue. I would prefer glass but stainless steel would be ok as well.

Thanks for your help smiling smiley
May 28, 2008 11:04PM
b-bo, the original offer is 4 years old, CR may no longer be visiting this forum, so I thought you might perhaps like to know that there are lots of Kenwood parts on TradeMe, even parts for the older models such as yours.
May 29, 2008 11:19AM
Dear Lorna
Thank you for the info. I have been on trade me but no success as yet but will keep trying.
Cheers B-bo
Agee bands and Seals
October 27, 2008 05:51AM
Hi there,
I wonder if anyone can tell me where I can find 20 large seal bands and seals in the Hamilton area. I've found 20 large Agee (1 pint) jars in the basement and would love to do some preserving this summer.
Appreciate any help.
Thanks
Chris
Re: Agee bands and Seals
October 27, 2008 07:44AM
They are available at the supermarkets, just ask a knowledgeable person where the preserving things are. The bands come in 2 sizes gold for the really older heavier jars and green for the later type but they are also reasonably old as well

Jean

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2008 07:47AM by JeanT.
pkb
November 16, 2008 12:58AM
Anybody know where I can find some gold agee bands in New Zealand? I can't find any on the web, unless I'm not searching properly. I only need a dozen. The supermarket has the green ones only.

Alternatively, which size mason jar rings would I need from the US?

Thanks, Tricia

November 16, 2008 02:15AM
Have you checked in the second hand shops and ones like hospice, red cross and sallys and even at garage sales and gala days, markets.
Just a thought

Jean
pkb
November 16, 2008 03:37AM

Yeah, I could, but I don't really have the time and would like the rings now rather than later. And somebody implied above that maybe one could find them in the shops. We shall see!
November 30, 2008 04:51AM
Aw, that's so nice!
If you find a really sturdy metal whisk (I use them instead of beaters for making cakes etc) please let me know (via email preferably).
Also I'd really love an immersion blender, if you can find one for under $40 I'd love to bagsies it.
Cheers
Zo
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.