Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

School Fundraiser

Posted by Rachel - Ashburton 
School Fundraiser
December 04, 2007 06:22AM
Longbeach School is a rural school east of Ashburton. We formed in 1999 after the merger of 3 smaller schools and have a roll of 100 pupils. We are currently fundraising to purchase laptops for each of the 5 classrooms. The Longbeach community has contributed tried & true recipes for the Longbeach School Recipe Book. If you would like to purchase a book or would like more information emailed to you please PM me. The books are $10.00, plus $1 for postage. Thank you ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2008 11:03PM by Rachel - Ashburton.
Re: School Fundraiser
December 05, 2007 01:01AM
Wow! You are all so amazing! My PM box was full this morning. Keep the orders coming, you are helping our children's education :-)
December 17, 2007 09:06PM
All recipe books should have been received by now. I you don't have yours please PM me. Special thanks to Helen for her permission to advertise here. Rachel :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2007 02:13AM by Rachel - Ashburton.
December 21, 2007 02:37AM
Rachel, I have mine - what little beauty! Such a professional job, well done. I urge everybody who hasn't bought one to think about the good cause rather than whether you have enough recipe books, it's tough trying to raise money for schools (and they constantly seem to need cash for extras (and some necessities), especially in such small communities as Rachel's - I know you will all dig deep for a good cause! - merry christmas!

Four legs good, two legs bad. George Orwell
W
December 21, 2007 11:11PM
12-21-2007

1609 hrs ET

Do they accept American dollars? If they do, I can send them a check.

Ho...Ho...Ho & Merry Christmas,

W in Alexandria, VA
USA
December 22, 2007 12:24AM
do you have any left RAchel
December 23, 2007 02:25AM
I have as many as you can order :-) PM me and I can get one out to you.

January 03, 2008 11:04PM
Bump.
January 09, 2008 08:39AM
Thanks Rachel, I recieved mine yesterday, it looks great and very professional good luck with your sales
January 10, 2008 12:20AM
The orders are slowly dribbling in ;-)

We have 2000 books to sell so your help is much appreciated.

January 10, 2008 05:18AM
Rachel,

Had you thought of having a street stall over the school holidays and perhaps even one in Timaru - it would be a good time to do it with the influx of visitors to the area in the holidays. You could get a few older kids involved to help man the stall - people are very generous when it comes to children, so seeing them helping makes people dig deep.

Also ask local dairies, bookshops, supermarkets, service stations etc if they will sell them on your behalf - in my experience, people are very good about helping out for a good local cause and will do it without asking for a commission. Saves time and handling as far as you are concerned - all you need to do is a swoop around to collect the $$$ every now and again - that's the easy bit.

Good luck with your venture - I was involved with a local telephone directory on behalf of a kindergarten for a number of years and I know the work that goes into producing something on that scale.

Kind regards,

Barbie Girl
January 10, 2008 07:39PM
Thanks for your great ideas Barbie Girl :-)
January 15, 2008 09:58PM
Hi Rachel, we had stalls in the street and at supermarkets, we also approached some retailers, "Cook the Books" in Mt Eden were even happy to have them on their counter while we were up the road at the stall....good luck

Four legs good, two legs bad. George Orwell
January 29, 2008 11:26PM
Nataliem I have PM'd you :-)
February 11, 2008 06:29AM
Corrections To Recipe Book (grumble grumble, the corrections are for my own recipes!)

Page 6 Smoked Oyster Pate
Should be 1/2 teaspoon basil, not 1/2 cup

Page 14 Seafood Dip
Missing Ingredients: 1 tablespoon worchester sauce, salt & pepper

Page 60 Dessert Flan
Bake in a FLAN dish not a flat dish!
February 11, 2008 12:13PM
hi rachel
My friend and i did a quiz night as a fundraiser for our kids to go on a city camp (we are in rural taranaki) it was a great fundraiser We raised over $700 . We went round all the businesses and were amazed at the support we had.
In the end we were able to have a first prize for each member of the winning team and about 30 spot prizes.
Just remember though if you create your own questions make some quite hard as there are some clever bunnies out there and make sure questions can have only one answer.
Good Luck with your fundraising
smiling smiley smiling smiley
February 11, 2008 10:04PM
Thanks everyone for your support and great fundraising ideas. Of our print run of 2000 books we have less than 300 left. A great effort!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.