Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Best Friend Going Away Gift Ideas!?

Posted by Abisha Lopez 
Best Friend Going Away Gift Ideas!?
August 17, 2011 02:56PM
Hi There,

I'm moving far away from my best friend and he's really good at personal gift ideas. I am not. He is already got me a best friend frame and picture kind of deal. I was thinking like a personalized wine glass? Or an engraved jewelry piece? Is a Pandora bead too impersonal? Any ideas?

Thanks and Cheer
Abisha Lopez
Re: Best Friend Going Away Gift Ideas!?
August 18, 2011 06:20AM
How about a Parker pen (or another nice metal brand) engraved with his name?
August 22, 2011 05:11AM
Pandora isnt impersonal, but might not be appreciated by a male.
The pen or a hip flask is a good idea.
August 23, 2011 02:00AM
An engraved key ring/holder. You might like to buy one depicting the area where you became friends. Engraving doesn't need to be expensive from places such as Minuteman, the locksmiths and keycutters. It is thought that goes into a gift rather than cost.
A personalised wine glass, as you have suggested, is also a nice idea.
DK
August 26, 2011 09:00AM
If he has business cards you could get him personalised business card case. I use the Vistaprint website for personalised stuff. The prices are good but the delivery charges are a bit steep, especially if you want it in under 21 days. However, you can see what the product will look like instantly and they are great quality and very reliable. Also, if you got a similar thing done at an engraving place it would cost you a fortune.
I got my friend a business card case for his 40th with his name and a funny saying on it. At the same time I ordered personalised sticky notes and notecards for other friends' birthdays down the track.
You don't need to just get the name and address put on, for example, I got my friend a set of sticky notes that say, 'From the desk of Jane Smith' and the second line says 'If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.' It's quite funny because I got them in a really flowery pretty pattern as well.
Vistaprint also have lots of freebies. I'm not affiliated with them in any way, I just really like them and whenever I give my friends personalised pressies they absolutely love it.
August 29, 2011 07:16AM
How about a photobook? You download the photos and they make up a personalised album for you. I have used frogprint.co.nz in the past. Or you could get a canvas mounted photo of the two of you, or just him, they look great.
A subscription to his favourite magazine, a voucher for a meal out?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2011 07:17AM by JulianneT.
August 29, 2011 07:40AM
You can also have drinking/coffee mugs superimposed with your personal photos on them too.
Regards,
Dawn.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.