Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Plastic retainers in clothes

Posted by Stephanie39 
Plastic retainers in clothes
November 15, 2018 11:20PM
Foodlovers seems to have been abandoned. So I thought I would air a trivial complaint. What do others do with the long plastic loops sewn in to clothes these days? Their purpose to keep garments from sliding off hangars. They often slip out and show in one's neckline and occasionally give one a fright...I was quite sure an insect was crawling down my back the other day, and as I was in a public situation, had to crush it quietly and investigate later.
Re: Plastic retainers in clothes
November 16, 2018 12:40AM
chopped off soon after purchase, only to then be wished back on again when I realise they may have been handy to hang it back up again, smiling smiley
November 16, 2018 01:15AM
I cut them off, too. I even chop off long labels because I (wrongly) thought they were causing my back to itch.
The fabric long loops in the sides of skirts and trousers also get cut off.
November 16, 2018 04:09AM
I'm usually a loop snipper too unless I forget to do it first off!

As an aside - the other day I was taking lighter summer clothes out of winter storage drawer and I found one of my longish over shirts which is a colourful print on see-through material that I had worn quite a lot last summer had it's little plastic bag with spare button inside still attached to the side seam near the bottom of the shirt. I had to smile, but probably no-one ever noticed.winking smiley
Regards,
Dawn.
November 16, 2018 06:05AM
Snipped off here as well.

Dawn your comment made me giggle. I saw a gentleman once walking around, wearing trackpants - complete with those long K Mart stickers on the outside leg, showing he wore an XL. Still chuckle at that one smiling smiley
November 16, 2018 08:13PM
I snip them off, too, but also I keep some spring-type clothes pegs attached to the hook of some coat hangers just in case a garment is prone to slipping off the hanger. I simply draw the neckline closed enough to stop it falling off and pop the peg on the to hold it there.
November 17, 2018 01:22AM
Thanks for the tip re clothes pegs as I am a loop snipper too (and sometimes regret it when the item keeps falling on the floor).

Twice Cooked
[www.twicecooked.co.nz]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.