Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Cleaning white shoes.

Posted by marylew 
Cleaning white shoes.
November 29, 2018 07:43AM
I have a white pair of sketcher shoes that got a little bit marked I googled how to clean and it tells me to use a mild detergent or soap.Has anyone cleaned these before? I need to use a mild soap or detergent and the top of these shoes have mesh so obviously I need a soft toothbrush.What is a mild detergent or what soap please?
Re: Cleaning white shoes.
November 29, 2018 07:53PM
I am wondering if those magic sponges that take tea stains off cups would work. I got the last box from Uncle Bills but I think Mitre 10 has them too.

Other than that I would use Sard Wonder soap.
November 29, 2018 08:26PM
Whoops wrong topic!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2018 08:27PM by Dawn.
Bev
November 29, 2018 09:52PM
I have always successfully washed my skecher sneakers in the washing machine on a gentle cycle.
November 29, 2018 10:48PM
I have a bar of Sard Wonder soap that I take with me when I go travelling. It's better than washing powder and easy to rub a little just on the part you need to clean. It fits very nicely into the small Systema box that measures about 110x80x40mm, meaning you can put it in the box when it's wet if you need to and nothing else in your luggage will be affected.
November 29, 2018 11:45PM
I'm with Bev. Washing machine here.
November 29, 2018 11:59PM
Ditto re the washing machine. I read a good tip the other day, and that is to place the shoes into a large laundry bag for gentle items (as you can buy for bras etc), and then they will be protected from being thrown around the machine. Also what I would do for white shoes, is to actually put some white vinegar into where your fabric softener goes. That works a treat for white net curtains and any white fabric, so I can't see the harm in trying it out on shoes?
November 30, 2018 12:50AM
So have I and they come out really well
December 02, 2018 05:22AM
Thank you everyone for your helpful advice.I tried the magic cube first as I had some of those but that didn't work.Thanks Ali W it sounded perfect as they are so soft.I didn't want to machine wash them yet as I had only worn them a few times but when I do I will follow your advice Irene so they don't get thumped around and white vinegar added sounds ideal.I went out and bought the Sards Wonder Soap that Lorna recommended and used a soft toothbrush and they have cleaned up beautifully.Very happy thanks.
December 02, 2018 08:40PM
That's good news, Marylew. That soap really is good for all sorts of stains. I also use the Sard powder to soak my teatowels and tabelcloths. They always come up sparkling and stain free.
December 03, 2018 08:56PM
Thanks Lorna I will get some of that powder as well.I am impressed.
December 16, 2022 05:46AM
Hello! I have never tried the soap that was advised here, I will have to try to use it in practice! I have white table tennis shoes, I like wearingat work, I have white high heels and sneakers with white soles, all of which I clean the same way.
Now I use a different method, which is generally not bad. I take whitening toothpaste, an old toothbrush and clean the soles of my shoes! If cleansing is difficult, then I just leave the paste for 5-10 minutes and then start brushing the problem area.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2022 09:41PM by Lorna.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.