Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Packing cubes

Posted by Heather F 
Packing cubes
March 09, 2019 08:47AM
Hi FL, I'd be interested to hear if anyone uses these when travelling, and if so, do you find them useful? And what ones you use (i.e. draw string bags, cubes, shoe bags, a mixture, etc). Many thanks.
Re: Packing cubes
March 09, 2019 10:04AM
hi Heather, I havent travelled overseas (yet) but am planning a trip to the UK leaving soon. I have several packing cubes, one of which is a compression one - apparently very good.
Sorry I cant advise of their usefulness until after my holiday, but imagine at least that stuff (of the same sort) can be kept all together if nothing else, as well as reducing bulk. Good luck
March 12, 2019 11:11AM
Tks Mantilla - I look forward to hearing what you thought of the cubes. Have a wonderful trip!
March 14, 2019 06:23AM
I always use packing cells, are they one in the same?
I buy them from Kathmandu and one Christmas I bought the kids their own set as they are so useful. I buy them when they are on special. I like the bags that are mesh on one side so you know what is in them. Mine are zip up.
I put underwear in one. sox in another, t-shirts in one, laundry in the biggest and then have one for my emergency medical supply - crystaderm, sticking plasters and anything else that may be needed.
I think they are fantastic as help to keep your bag organised and in the event of someone opening your bags at customs then your smalls etc.. are all contained.
March 16, 2019 09:20AM
Thanks Helen - yes cubes and cells are the same thing. The ones with mesh on one side do look the biz. Now I just need to pick the set - only about 500 different types online!
March 16, 2019 11:16PM
I've never used packing cubes but it seems as if there are at least 2 types: the mesh ones, which would be good for outer-wear, and the compression type that I should think would be very suitable for underwear and socks. Doesn't matter if they become a bit creased, but every centimetre counts if your'e anything like me when packing!
March 23, 2019 09:33AM
I don't use packing cells, but I use tons of zi**oc bags, the ones with the slider. They have the extra benefit of being waterproof in the event of product leaks and if you use them for things like dirty shoes you can just throw them away.
April 06, 2019 03:43AM
Just an update - I bought 3 - large; medium and small, from a NZ company (an actual store, not online), $40 for the 3 in their sale, and they are partially made from recycled plastic bottles. They look very well made, and have small loops at the end that can be used to hang on coat hangers. I'll be giving them a trial at Easter.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.