Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

New dinnerset

Posted by Jenna 
New dinnerset
September 05, 2019 03:42AM
It's that time. We've had two very nice Denby sets for 20 years, but in the last 3-4, they have suffered greatly at the hands of teenage boys unpacking the dishwasher, sigh. A new Denby set is not in the budget as we're looking for at least 8 place settings, but I've been struggling to find something that isn't plain white, and doesn't feel like it will break immediately if it taps the bench a little too hard. I also dislike many of the pre-printed patterned boxed sets. I'm trying to move away from stoneware, as a lot of the cheaper stoneware that I've looked at is very heavy and seems to be of questionable quality with regards finishing, but on the other hand I know that stoneware would give me the durability I'm looking for.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2019 03:44AM by Jenna.
Re: New dinnerset
September 05, 2019 04:35AM
Theres a Royal Doulton outlet store in Onehunga with some reasonable prices.
J1
September 05, 2019 05:50AM
Farmers department store has been stocking some really nice dinnerware over the last year or so. Brand names are things like Haven Table, Bosa, Salt&Pepper. Lots of sale prices. You can buy as many individual plates and other items as you like. Mix and match opportunities too, instead of buying all the same colour/pattern/style if you so desire.
September 05, 2019 07:25AM
Thanks -- I'll look into both those. I like some of the Royal Doulton pieces, but at full price they were beyond my budget -- so the outlet store might be the way to go. It's a long drive, but I'll just make a day of it smiling smiley smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.