Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Skin Moisturiser recommendation from skin cancer clinic

Posted by J1 
J1
Skin Moisturiser recommendation from skin cancer clinic
March 26, 2020 11:34PM
A doctor at a skin cancer clinic recently recommended a skin moisturiser to a family member. Solarcare B3, developed and made by an Australian company, Bernier Pharmaceuticals. It contains Vitamin B3 (5% Niacinamide) and also Vitamin E. It "can help reduce the appearance of sun damage, fine lines, hyper-pigmented brown spots and red blotchiness via re-enabling the skin’s natural immune system to function." [www.bernierpharmaceuticals.com.au]

It has a large component of glycerin, which is my favourite moisturiser, so I was keen to try it. I only use it on my face. It has definitely faded my facial sun spots ("hyper-pigmented brown spots" ). It's very easy to apply and soaks in quickly.

It's not overly cheap but a small amount goes a long way. Prices in NZ for the 100ml range seem to range from $33 to $43, and the 500ml from $70 to $91.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2020 11:38PM by J1.
Re: Skin Moisturiser recommendation from skin cancer clinic
March 27, 2020 12:07AM
J1, I was given one of those for a birthday/Christmas(?) gift well over a year ago. I love it, I keep it in the bathroom so it is used each day. I have since bought my second one. I can't remember where I bought it from but it does last a long time. I think for the price and the time it lasts it is value for money, for me, anyway.

I use it on the face but I also a little on the back of my hands. It is a thumbs up from me.
March 27, 2020 12:27AM
thanks for this recommendation ladies. It can be purchased online but with only essential courier deliveries I am not going to risk it. Once all this is over will definitely purchase some.
March 27, 2020 12:58AM
Thank you J1 and Marnie. I shall file this away for the future. Despite always using moisturiser with sunscreen on a daily basis as well as SPF 50 when outside, I have more sunspots on my face than. I am comfortable with.
March 27, 2020 02:38AM
Irene, you can buy it at most pharmacies here.
March 27, 2020 03:44AM
Thanks Marnie. I am guessing pharmacies are only open for scripts at the moment. Will leave it until after lockdown but have noted the name
March 27, 2020 05:26AM
Ooh I think I need some of this too but yes once regular courier deliveries have started again.
April 08, 2020 11:47AM
What is the SPF of this product?
J1
April 08, 2020 12:40PM
It isn't a sunscreen so it has no SPF.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.