Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Cleaning a dishwasher

Posted by amwilliams 
Cleaning a dishwasher
September 03, 2022 08:41AM
What do people find good at cleaning their dishwasher?
The rubber seal gets quite dirty. Have put through the hottest wash with dishwashing powder but that hasn't helped.
Thanks
Re: Cleaning a dishwasher
September 04, 2022 12:30AM
Once a month I run a washing cycle with a dishwasher cleaner(whatever is on special) and I wipe down the seal and and inner door frames with hot water and detergent. The filter gets cleaned when necessary but it’s at least once a week because no matter how I scrap3 the dishes, food debris seems to collect there.
September 04, 2022 03:29AM
Likewise Chris, also mine has a little groove on the inner edge of the door and I use an old toothbrush to keep that clean.

The other thing is that vinegar and/or baking soda apparently cleans the inner workings effectively if you prefer not to use the commercial cleaner. Googling brings up several ideas of how to go about it.

Regards,

Barbara Anne

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2022 03:30AM by Barbara Anne.
November 02, 2022 06:53PM
I just remembered that we use a rinse aid which, in our case, prevents water spots. There is a place to put it next to the dishwasher detergent. Only have to fill the little well about once a month.
November 27, 2022 04:59AM
Hi,

I use a dishwasher cleaner once a month and wipe it out and clean the filter when necessary.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.