Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

family visit

Posted by Lynda 
family visit
February 02, 2005 11:15AM
On Feb.18th. my sister-in-law and her husband arrive from the U.K. we haven't seen them for 30yrs. since arriving in N.Z. It's going to be an interesting 6 weeks. I know we've changed, I'm wondering how much they think we've changed.
Raewyn G
Re: family visit
February 02, 2005 07:10PM
Just be yourselves and all will be well. Of course you all have changed in some way.........normally waistlines!!! hahaha :}, but at the end of the day you are still family. You may even see alot of likenesses coming through. I'm sure, regardless, you will be pleasantly surprised and so will they. Definately a reunion worth celebrating!!!!!
No doubt there will be tears of joy shed, and after 30 years, that's almost compulsory in my eyessad smiley.
Have a great time and lets hope the weather continues to produce the sunshine we deserve, especially with visitors!
Kind Regards,
Raewyn Gsmiling smiley

February 02, 2005 07:39PM
oh how neat is that?

Of course just be yourself.. They wouldnt want it any other way.

Are they staying with you for ythe whole 6 weeks?

Do you have any plans for them?

Just a tip, if you plan to go to Rotorua, make sure you win lotto first. I looked up the prices of some places to get into..OMG what a rip off!

I know you will have fun. I bet you make plans to go and see them next.

Zeetra
February 02, 2005 10:11PM
I hope all goes well, perhaps if it is for 6 weeks, you should try encouraging them to go off on some little excursions of their own, to give them and you some breathing space. It can be hard work having guests, even family, but it is also hard work being a good guest, so you might all benefit from a little rest, through the holiday.
Good luck,
Kaye.
February 02, 2005 10:19PM
Hope all goes well. Have they been to NZ before?

Maybe worth going to a travel agent or an information centre, and getting some brochures on some trips they be interested in. Like Kaye says, you may all want and need a bit of breathing space. Plus if they're coming all this way, they'll probably want to see as much of NZ as possible. There are plenty of 2-3 days trips to some great places.

Linda.
February 02, 2005 10:21PM
Perhaps visit the local tourist center and pick up some pamphlets on places of interest, then you cna perhaps go with them on some outings and let them fend for themselves on others.
February 02, 2005 10:29PM
Try this www.newzealand.com
or is it www.newzealand.co.nz

Wheni was enquiring about stuff to do for my oveerseas guest they put me onto this. So oyu dont have heaps of pamphlets around, plus some site have prices too on them.. Which I found very useful.

Zeetra
February 03, 2005 11:11AM
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. They will be going to Wanaka for a few days to stay with our son, probably Dunedin to stay with our daughter in ilaws parents, as they met them on a visit to U.K. There are certainly plentyof things to do and see in Central Otago. I just hope it cools down before they arrive, it's bad enough for us coping with 40° most days. Summer is here with a vengence. I'll let you know what happens.
Lynda
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.