Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Private Message - Sent Items

Posted by Alison 
Private Message - Sent Items
March 13, 2006 08:58PM
Yesterday I sent 3 private messages, but when I checked my "sent items" it was empty. Now I don't know if they got there.

So.....if Jennifer1, Lizab and Tammy didn't get anything from me then please let me know and I will try again.

Ah, modern technology!! A challenge for us all.

Thanks

Alison
Re: Private Message - Sent Items
March 14, 2006 01:13AM
Hi alison there is a think to tick if you want to save your sent messages.
You tick "keep a copy in my sent items" then it stays in your sent box.
Kindest Regards
lisa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2006 01:13AM by Lisa Templeton.
Bernadette
March 14, 2006 01:31AM
I was out of the country when the new format was introduced, and I don't know anything about the private message thingy. Can someone explain, please? Many thanks,
Bernadette
March 14, 2006 01:44AM
Oh thanks for that Lisa

I resisted going "AAAAAAAHHHHH"

By the time I retire I am going to know everything about computers etc, trouble is with the way my memory is going, I will forget it all in a couple of days!

It's all good fun!

Alison
March 14, 2006 06:17AM
That's why I suggested to the Moderater that the tick be a permanent fixture in the tick box, and we remove it if we don't want to save our messages! D.
March 14, 2006 06:50AM
Bear in mind that each time we ask for a change to the way things work, that it potentially costs Helen, and the more is stored the more memory is required, and there could be a cost there too. I think we all have to take responsibility for remembering to save our sent messages if they are that important! And if we do end up saving them, then having a clearout regularly and deleting them when they are no longer important.............
March 14, 2006 08:18AM
Hello Korimako,
Good point, and I also believe Helen and Clarie appreciate anyone's suggestions as to fine tuning. I am merely pointing out an example of my suggestion to them and they are not obliged at all to take up on this.
Regards,
Dawn.
March 14, 2006 09:15AM
Dear Bernadette,
How are you. Now please bear with my explanations of how this works.
Above the "Current page" there is a list of Forum list, new topic, search, my control centre, private messages and Log out (which i never ever do as I am too lazy to have to log back in, and if you dont log out you don't log in!)

Click on Private messages

You have My Personal Profile veiw my profile, edit my profile etc...
This is not really too important, This is where you go if you want your email hidden privacy stuff really.

then you have "private messages"
Inbox
Sent Items
Send a Private message

If you click on send a private message at the top you have a button
To and then a list of ALL the foodlovers who have there name in Blue. Just
find the name of the person you want to mail click on there mail, write your text, click on save a copy in my sent items (Only if you want a copy saved) and press "post".

Bernadette your name is in Black so i cannot send you a private message
If you go into your privacy options I would imagine neither Allow other users to see my email address, nor allow other users to see when i am logged on is ticked.

You can still receive private messages and have your email hidden. I have both ticked as i am happy for people to see my email or send me private messages) Before you went away if your name was in blue your email was showing, this is no longer the case.

When you receive a Private Email it will come up on foodlovers when you log in or as i do just open foodlovers, It comes up as a wee text box at the top of the page between the Main Menu and the forum menu. you click on this and go straight to your inbox. It is a safe an secure way of being able to talk privately WITHOUT giving your personal email details to complete strangers.

If for some reason when you go to your Profile and your privacy options and change the 'when i am logged on option", I believe your name will change to blue, and you will be able to private message people.

If you have any trouble please don't hesitate to ask for clarification. If one of us can't help I am positive Helen and Claire would help.

It really is easy and quite rewarding. Stops me from getting into trouble with hubby as i don't get as many foodlover emails for recipes etc when i am working. Instead i get them as private messages!!!!!!!!!!!

gosh i have rambled quite blondely as usual, I hope you have understood at least some of it!!!
Warmest Regards
lisa

Bernadette
March 15, 2006 07:18AM
Lisa, I have just found your reply to my enquiry. Thank you so much for your response - I know from reading your posts over the last year or so what an extremely busy person you are, and I'm so grateful that you've taken the time to explain things so extensively. I've printed your reply and will work my way through it tomorrow, when I have a bit more time than I have today. I think I will probably have to contact Claire, because I don't have all the options at the top of my page that you and others seem to have. However, I will get it sorted, and once I have, your instructions will be very helpful. My sincere thanks. Also, while I'm talking to you, I have to add my tuppence worth to what Lorna told you about The Weekend Gardener (on your gardening thread) - it's a marvellous little magazine, it taught me a lot of things I didn't know about gardening, and my daughter, who lives in Perth, has become a really keen gardener, largely due to the helpful information in Weekend Gardener after I started sending it to her two years ago, first by post each month, and now by gift subscription. So good luck with that! Warm regards,
Bernadette
March 15, 2006 07:29AM
Hi Bernadette
I think the options are not there because we have to "log on" to this site now. I remember when the changes happened that many people had a similar problem. From memory you will need to contact Helen - its just like registering again. Once you are logged on those options will appear. ( I think)

Stephanie
March 15, 2006 07:37AM
Hello Bernadette,
Hopefully I can give a little help too: Click on to the Foodlovers "Home" page, then at the top right hand corner you can click an area there which will enable you to register - follow the instructions. That's all you have to do to have your own control centre - then follow Lisa's helpful instructions.
Regards,
Dawn.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2006 07:38AM by Dawn.
Bernadette
March 16, 2006 12:14AM
Hi Dawn, thanks for your message. Do you mean the 'subscribe to the foodlovers newsletter' item at the top right hand part of the home page?Bernadette
March 16, 2006 01:26AM
Aw, just realised I have put you wrong and you are quite right - that is for the newsletter!! I think those of us who are registered see a bit of a different screen to those who have not yet registered. I suggest you have a good look at all the page set up words on this Forum screen and see if you cannot see the word "Register" somewhere on the screen. Another way you could try to register is to click on the words "Reply to This Message" at the bottom of my message here. Then see what the screen brings up - as it may recognise that you are not regsitered and possibly will lead you into the registration area to enable you to register. Whew - hope you can understand this and no doubt if I'm wrong we will hear!
Regards,
Dawn.
March 16, 2006 01:37AM
Bernadette - I've got it (I think) -ignore my previous message (some mothers do 'av 'em)!

You need to click on the words "Log In" at the top of the message box (below). There you will see you can register. Why didn't I check that out first? Aha!!
Regards,
Dawn.
Bernadette
March 16, 2006 10:59AM
Thank you, Dawn, you're a treasure! I've worked my way through all of that and it makes sense now. I'll get it sorted over the weekend. Grateful thanks again,
Bernadette
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.