Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Rotorua Accomodation

Posted by Megan 
Rotorua Accomodation
January 10, 2007 09:10AM
Please can anyone suggest nice accomodation for 2 adults / 2 kids in Rotorua. Must be reasonable price as its only for one night and basically just to sleep.
Re: Rotorua Accomodation
January 10, 2007 10:53AM
Nongataha Holiday park is reasonable prices and quiet
January 10, 2007 11:16AM
Thanks, that one hasn't got anything for the date we want.
January 10, 2007 11:25AM
A few years ago, we stayed at a place called either 3 Canoes, or 4 Canoes. Was on the main street, and reasonably priced. It was a bulk booking, so not sure if that was why we got such a good price or whether its reasonably priced anyway.

Linda.
January 10, 2007 11:46AM
there are hundreds of places to stay in Rotorua.

Doe it have to be a motel? can you stay in a cabin in a park? As there is park a few Kms out of town... I mean a few...

www.rotoruathermalpark.co.nz

Hope that helps...
January 10, 2007 11:49AM
Another wonderful spot just out of Rotorua is Blue Lakes, Top 10 Motor Camp. Must be one of the most scenic spots in NZ. We stayed in a cabin there, which was cheap, and had million dollar views. They also have tourist flats, which have their own kitchen and bathroom. Depends what facilities you are after.

Linda.
January 10, 2007 12:35PM
Hi there, Close to town if poss, but doesnt have to be right in town, not as far out as the lakes, I know the camp your talking about and yes would be lovely but not this time, need something closer in.

Doesn't have to be a motel.

Have emailed the thermalpark to see what they have.

Thanks =)
January 10, 2007 08:40PM
We enjoyed our stay at the Cosy Cottage Holiday Park a few years back and have referred others there to always positive comments. It is central as well. Otherwise, we visited friends recently staying at the Wyllie Court Motor Inn. They paid $150 per night which includes use of a lovely big heated pool and barbeque area and unit had spa pool.

Regards
Linda N
January 11, 2007 04:20AM
Hi Megan

Have you tried the MALFROY MOTOR LODGE in Malfroy Street

They are VERY clean, hospitable & Very reasonable too
also have thermal pools

Contact them on : 07 346 8252
January 11, 2007 04:47AM
Thanks Ronnie I will try them!
January 11, 2007 04:51AM
I went with 2 adults and 3 children to Grand Tiara for only $139 / night including buffet breakfast. Its clean, friendly, and has a fantasic huge heated pool, spa, and a couple of grotto's.

Heres the site
[www.grandtiara.co.nz]

Highly recommended!
Catherine
January 11, 2007 07:16AM
Awesome, thanks Catherine.

Isn't amazing when you email a place how many actually email you back. I have had 3 out of several that have answered and one I asked them what was available and they sent one back asking me what type of accomodation was I wanting. (My email stated what did they have that would be suitable for 2 adults and 2 kids) Well how do I know what they have hmmmmm oh Ill have the palace with one floor swimming pool rooms for the pet, racecar track haha etc etc hence I can't be bothered with them. The other 2 that did email back were much more informative.
January 25, 2007 02:50AM
Hello Megan

Where did you end up staying in Rotorua ?
January 25, 2007 04:36AM
Hi Ronnie

Its not till May we go and stay there.

At the moment I am looking at Rotorua Hideaway Lodge or Grand Tiara, maybe even
Rotorua Thermal (but they don't have much left at this stage)

Malfroy didn't email me back. I could send them another email I guess. BUT still have some time to sort something out.

Thanks Megan =)
January 26, 2007 12:29AM
Megan, I'm glad you are yet to come to our beautiful city.

Just thought I would mention that the Indian Star got the people's choice for best restaurant in the city. I would thoroughly recommend it and our son and daughter in law who travel extensively said it was the best Indian food they had eaten in a long time. Even better than the resturants they tried in India.

If there is any other information I can help you with, please ask.

I do hope the weather is kind to you when you are here.

Best regards

Alison
January 26, 2007 02:27AM
Thanks Alison

What we are coming for is a surprise birthday, so the resturant etc will be all sorted, just needed to find accomodation and will only be staying only the Saturday night, I will keep that Indian Rest in my notes as to try another time when we come!!! I love Indian sadly the rest of the family will have to have F and C's. Thanks for the nice offer of information!

Much appreciated!
February 03, 2007 10:38AM
Have you tried www.ratestogo.com I have had some expensive rooms really cheaply, it might be worth a look.
February 04, 2007 08:42AM
Thanks I will look!!!!!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.