Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Sparkling water on tap at home - YES!!!!!

Posted by Vanessa45 
Sparkling water on tap at home - YES!!!!!
May 21, 2019 11:25AM
So ive just been given a GREAT present - sparkling water on tap at home without being locked into refilling the EXPENSIVE Sodastream bottles.

So instead of a Sodastream I now have an AARKE - its basically the same as Sodastream BUT looked so much better and have a better mechanism for getting the buzz - one push in stead of 3 till it farts.

NOW the really cool thing is its hooked up to a 3.5kg bottle (New Wormald empty gas bottle) filled with compressed carbon dioxide (CO2). My husband needed to source an attachment so it would fit the AARKE (same attachment as the SS).

It should last me about 6 months!!!!! And to refill will cost about $30-40.

Ive got the AARKE on my bench top and the bottle underneath, we just . needed to drill a smallish hole in the bench - it seriously looks fantastic and after the initial outlay, will save me HEAPS of $$$$$ as well as saving the planet of plastic bottles.

Pics attached

Vanessa
Attachments:
open | download - Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 8.24.07 PM.png (692.2 KB)
open | download - Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 8.24.20 PM.png (959.4 KB)
Re: Sparkling water on tap at home - YES!!!!!
May 24, 2019 12:02AM
Wow this looks great, those soda stream canisters disappear very fast and so expensive. I'm not sure I could empty enough under bench cupboard space for one though.
May 28, 2019 04:30AM
Its transformed my life - I love knowing I have sparkling water when ever I want it - and cheaply not to mention saving plastic bottles.
Vanessa
January 22, 2020 11:38AM
Hi Vanessa

Your sparkling water setup looks great.

We would like to do the same thing, but are really struggling to find the right adaptor to enable us to connect the CO2 cylinder.

Would it be possible to share the type of adaptor you used and where you got it from.

Thanks so much.

Dan
January 23, 2020 03:48AM
Great Vanessa.. I would have loved to have one of these but unfortunately I don’t have the space. I bought a sodastream Source which stays on the laundry bench. It’s expensive to use but at least I am not buying those plastic bottles any longer. Wish I had bought one years ago.
J1
January 23, 2020 09:09AM
Yes, I recently bought a Sodastream Crystal model because the bottles it comes with are glass ones. I don't buy drinks at all and pretty much only ever drink tap water or red bush tea but this summer came along and sparkling water seemed like the best treat ever and I'd been thinking about the Sodastream option ever since Vanessa wrote this thread last May so I checked it out and found the glass bottle version and thought YES just do it. It's been great and I'm so glad I didn't talk myself out of it. It just sits on a shelf in my pantry. Thanks Vanessa!
February 05, 2020 09:28AM
Looks great.

Not to try and spoil your fun, however, you should be aware that Sparkling water has an adverse effect on the health of your teeth.
J1
February 05, 2020 07:44PM
Networkn, I'd heard that too but when I looked into it, it's not an issue. It's more a myth than reality.

[www.mouthhealthy.org]

[www.bbc.com]

etc.

The problem with the "sparkling water is harmful" theory is it's rarely plain sparkling water they're talking about or thinking of, or doing research on. Inevitably, it turns out to be sparkling water with flavours added, e.g, citrus juices, which, of course, are acidic. Or it'll be sparkling water also known as Coca Cola. My sparkling water is just water, nothing else.

When you compare sparkling water pH to other drinks people consume, it comes out pretty shiny. I don't drink tea or coffee or alcohol or anything actually except water or rooibos tea (which is regarded as an alkaline tea).
"The "safe" pH level of drinks that won’t cause tooth damage is considered 5.5."
"They found sparkling waters had a pH of between 5 and 6, compared with still water which was neutral at 7."
"Black tea 4.9-5.5, green tea 7-10, chamomile/mint/fennel teas 6-7, lemon tea 3, rosehip/blackberry tea 2-3."
"Coffee 4.5 – 6.0"
[www.healthline.com]
[www.coffeechemistry.com]

Beer and wine are much more acidic than sparkling water.
"...all wines lie on the acidic side of the pH spectrum and most range from 2.5 to about 4.5 pH (7 is neutral)."
[winefolly.com]

Sports drinks and energy drinks are also acidic, generally ranging between 2.5 - 3.5.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.